Petrol in Diesel Car

dodo

I have put 30E worth of petrol into my diesel Peugeot 307 (2005) which had the fuel light in at the time(about 50 MIles left) I drove home about 4 miles and did feel the car a bit sluggish but car is due a service and as I am an idiot I did not think I had put wrong fuel in and then only reliased my error as I got to my house. I then got a lift to the garage and purchased 30E worth of diesel only had 4 containers,I put this into the car.
I then tried to start the car about 3 times but she would not start,
Can you advise if your service would still be okay to get my car back in action or do I need a mechanic thanks

Dodo - hope you have already called the AA (or equivalent). Apparently the decontamination must be done as soon as possible to be able to save the engine. And - by the way - I am told that the value of the car is 0 as a consequence of wrong fuel being used.

I have put 30E worth of petrol into my diesel Peugeot 307 (2005) which had the fuel light in at the time(about 50 MIles left) I drove home about 4 miles and did feel the car a bit sluggish but car is due a service and as I am an idiot I did not think I had put wrong fuel in and then only reliased my error as I got to my house. I then got a lift to the garage and purchased 30E worth of diesel only had 4 containers,I put this into the car.
I then tried to start the car about 3 times but she would not start,
Can you advise if your service would still be okay to get my car back in action or do I need a mechanic thanks

The fuel system will have to be drained and filters replaced. The car will probably need new injectors at a minimum. As it's an oldish car maybe sort the fuel out first and then see if it runs.

Main thing is don't try to start it again.

SSE

Diesel Car no issue's after 30E petrol

I took advice from neighbour to fill rest of tank with diesel and keep doing this every few days,so I took his advice and 3 weeks later the car is going as good as it was before the petrol went in,
just thought I would past info on,
cheers

I took advice from neighbour to fill rest of tank with diesel and keep doing this every few days,so I took his advice and 3 weeks later the car is going as good as it was before the petrol went in,
cheers

Can I recommend that people do not follow this advice should they find themselves in a similar situation.

Dodo - You should prepare yourself for the cost of replacing the fuel pump and injectors in the not too distant.....

cheers

I also did this about a year ago and neverh ad a problem. Although I only put 5 euro worth of petrol in and the rest diesel.

Back