Other Pet Insurance. Best provider?

Squonk

Hello.....we've got ourselves a little puppy. Can anyone recommend the best value pet insurance out there? A quick google reveals Petinsurance.ie and 123.ie but it's our first pet so I'd like to aware of any pitfalls. Thanks.

From experience I would say it has to be Allianz. Had recent claims and they were good to deal with. I understand from the vets that some of the others are not because they do not have experienced veterinary people on board.

Off topic but as a dog finatic dying to know what type of puppy - humour me please :)

P.S. If you mention that you have a cheaper quote from elsewhere they might give some discount.

I used petinsure.ie a few years ago to insure a cat. Premium was reasonable, and there was no problem paying out for several vets bills (totalling about €2,500) during the first year of insurance (the company paid the vet directly which made it very easy for me).

The company were based in Cork at the time, I see they have moved to Dublin, so wondering if it's the same company now?

Back