Personal Retirement Bond Query

carefree1974

The company I work for has shut down the previous pension scheme and opened a new one with the same T&C's with a new provider. As a result my old scheme have written to me about moving my funds to the new provider or into a retirement bond.

I have done a bit of research on the Bond and will go that route, spoke to both Invesco and Davy's re the options and costs. I was wondering if there are other providers out there that offer what they do, investing in funds, shares, efts etc as I can only find these 2 as options. Any help appreciated.

There are loads of companies available. You can go with the main insurance companies and their suite of funds or you can invest it yourself or in funds that are not available through your standard Irish insurance company.

Where you invest is really up to yourself and your appetite for risk. You can invest in India, China or a spread. Invest in bonds, cash, property or commodities.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

There are loads of companies available. You can go with the main insurance companies and their suite of funds or you can invest it yourself or in funds that are not available through your standard Irish insurance company.

Where you invest is really up to yourself and your appetite for risk. You can invest in India, China or a spread. Invest in bonds, cash, property or commodities.

Steven

Thanks, I know my investment strategy as such and mist will go into a passive equity fund as such but I do want to dabble in some shares myself all of the one platform. Will look a bit more into it so as the 2 companies I mentioned where the ones I could find advertising it. Davy's was too expensive for my needs though.

Standard Life have a cheap enough self directed option. Their passive strategy is through the Myfolio Market suite of funds.

Or if you can use whatever stock broker & ETF's you want under some self-directed contracts.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back