Personal loan avantcard

Brenno1935

Hi

Got a personal loan of avantcard last September. Missed a payment when changing direct debit date last December. I’ve paid the missed payment now but didn’t realise for 9 months it was missed.
All other payments paid on day and no issues.
So 3 year loan is fully up 2 date and has 2 years remaining
My question is would this affect my ability to top up my current loan ? It’s on my ecb/icb report which I viewed as one missed payment but I’m sure this will
Update after this months direct debit

Does avantcard do top ups?

Ok that’s it. Second poster in one day with a credit card loan. I’m calling Celtic tiger 2 madness.

Brenno please do the money makeover. You can’t be borrowing even more money. What was the first loan for, why do you need a top up, how much does the loan cost and how on earth did you not notice you missed a payment.

"Avantcard" provide personal loans. Nowhere dies OP mention a credit card. In fact he says personal loan.

Call them directly and ask.
I realise that. Never heard of them until today.

Says credit card loans at near 18%.

Ok, so they do personal loans and credit card loans. Then I wonder why the other poster didn’t get a personal loan rather than a credit card loan.

It was and is a personal loan, don’t and never will have a credit card
I was just asking before I applied for a top up for changing my car
One loan is better than two loans is it not

One loan is better than two loans is it
Why would it be?
You still owe the same amount, and have to repay it.

AvantCard aren't very long in this business, so you're not going to find a huge amount of people with experience of their products and top-ups. Plus it might depend on whether you got loan directly from them or via a partner. Quickest answer is to ask directly.

Thanks Steven. It's hard to keep up with all the name changes. But I do know one thing, it's way too easy to get a credit card loan. Poof, just like that. It's a very expensive way to borrow even if you get 9 months interest free. But that's how they suck people in.

It was and is a personal loan, don’t and never will have a credit card
I was just asking before I applied for a top up for changing my car
One loan is better than two loans is it not
Well that's a positive, on no credit card. But it is worrying that you're applying for a new loan when you haven't paid the first one back. That's how people spirral into debt. Loans here there and everywhere. Are you sure you need to change your car. Can you do it cheaper with the garage.

Thanks Steven. It's hard to keep up with all the name changes. But I do know one thing, it's way too easy to get a credit card loan. Poof, just like that. It's a very expensive way to borrow even if you get 9 months interest free. But that's how they suck people in.

its a very cheap way to borrow if you repay in 9 months

they don’t if you pay it back within 9 months
I realise that, I was being facetious. Because clearly for a very small minority this is a clever way to avoid interest, but one would wonder why one would need to do so, more importantly it's to highlight the fact these companies with their headline zero interest are a lure to trap people into further debt. They don't want the clever one's who will pay them no interest, they want to ensnare the long term non payers.

Maybe we could discuss good uses of zero interest credit cards.

I realise that, I was being facetious. Because clearly for a very small minority this is a clever way to avoid interest, but one would wonder why one would need to do so, more importantly it's to highlight the fact these companies with their headline zero interest are a lure to trap people into further debt. They don't want the clever one's who will pay them no interest, they want to ensnare the long term non payers.

Maybe we could discuss good uses of zero interest credit cards.
So how would you classify me Bronte? Hopefully as a clever consumer who will pay them no interest ;).

So how would you classify me Bronte? Hopefully as a clever consumer who will pay them no interest ;).
I'm my eye on you and you're way too clever by half. (That's a joke for those that don't get my humour.) Being serious I am intrigued with how you manged to buy the house and I await your next instalment as I am positive you will mange somehow to get rid of your current self induced pickle. Which I thought was breathtaking in how you achieved it. You remind me a bit of myself and what I did to get on the property ladder. But I'm very confident you're well on your way to solving the Avantcard debt. It's not for the faint hearted though. And it surely will never become a Key Post on how to buy a property quick.:D

Back