Personal Loan and House Purchase

lemon1984

Does anyone know if you can take out a personal loan towards the purchase of a house? Aside from the fact that I know the interest rate will be very high. We would be 25k short for the purchase price for a property and a lot of banks have a minimum mortgage amount of 40-50k.

Can you take out a personal loan and use it to cover the difference? Not asking if we should, just is it possible to do.

Thanks, never thought about that. I thought there were penalties for early payback on mortgages. Something to think about anyway.

Does anyone know if you can take out a personal loan towards the purchase of a house? Aside from the fact that I know the interest rate will be very high. We would be 25k short for the purchase price for a property and a lot of banks have a minimum mortgage amount of 40-50k.

Can you take out a personal loan and use it to cover the difference? Not asking if we should, just is it possible to do.

In practice yes but I would tell them the loan is for something else, they won't care provided you make the repayments but officially cannot agree a personal loan for property

Bank of Ireland wouldn't a few years back with me anyway

In practice yes but I would tell them the loan is for something else, they won't care provided you make the repayments but officially cannot agree a personal loan for property

Bank of Ireland wouldn't a few years back with me anyway
Shouldn't be a problem at the value discussed. 25k would be unsecured lending. The problems arise once security comes into it, as it falls under all the same regulations as a mortgage.

Shouldn't be a problem at the value discussed. 25k would be unsecured lending. The problems arise once security comes into it, as it falls under all the same regulations as a mortgage.

With me I waa told at stage one that it was best to go unsecured as the 1% extra interest rate was less costly than paying the banks solicitor, when I then spoke to the person in lending above this, was told they don't offer personal loans for property, no matter how small of a percentage the loan was

Back