Personal injury matter , getting a new solicitor ??

messedaround

Hi all
Just looking for some advice/ help
I'm coming to the end of a long personal injury matter and I can't take anymore of the solicitor I'm dealing with , no communication among a lot of other things
I would just like to know how I go about finally severing ties at this final stage and getting new representation , I understand this could be messy but I've got zero confidence in this solicitor now and feel it's my only option , any advice appreciated greatly

Talk to another personal injury solicitor - preferably someone who is recommended to you.

They are quite likely to offer you a "no obligation/fee" consultation and walk you through the process of changing solicitors and the likely costs of doing so.

mf

Talk to another personal injury solicitor - preferably someone who is recommended to you.

They are quite likely to offer you a "no obligation/fee" consultation and walk you through the process of changing solicitors and the likely costs of doing so.

mf

Thank you for the reply , I'll try calling a local firm and see what happens
I'm just nervous about any repercussions with the solicitor in question , ie. causing any issues for me going forward with a new solicitor delays etc , I've heard so many horrible stories about this kind of thing but I feel so strongly at this late stage unfortunately that the solicitor is an absolute nightmare

Are you sure the solicitor is a nightmare ? These cases drag through for a long time and requesting updates every month or so is usually fruitless as they can take years to sort out. Why not arrange to meet him and ask for an update of why it's taking so ling.

Hi messedaround,
Two years into a similar situation.Still a way to go. Things move very slowly in these situations. Like yourself it is often very frustrating with no one getting back. Every 3-4 months if I get no call back from solictor I make an appointment and have my questions written down. On a couple of occasions the solicitor has contacted me after I have made an appointment to supply feedback. Most good solicitors are busy and dont really want a meeting that takes up a lot of their time with minimal benefit in monetary terms and less benefit to you.
I would agree with elcato. Make an appointment. Be straight up and express your frustrations and go from there. Good luck with it all.

Sorry Messedaround,
You say you are coming to the end of the process. Solicitors like the rest of us like to get paid. They most certainly do not operate on a charitable basis. Your solicitor will want to get your claim over the line, get paid and move onto the next one.

How soon to the end are you? Is there any point in moving now? If you are not near a trial, is there any reason why the insurer (assuming there is one) has not made an offer or tried to settle? it does not suit insurers either to drag matters out.

How soon to the end are you? Is there any point in moving now? If you are not near a trial, is there any reason why the insurer (assuming there is one) has not made an offer or tried to settle? it does not suit insurers either to drag matters out.

I'm into it five years now and found out myself after a few calls that the opposition have entered their defence , ( is that not what they should tell me ! next day my so called solicitor advised me they may need me to get more med reportscetc etc costing yet more money , mailed my solicitor who was shocked and would find out today if true ?? 3 weeks ago if the court office would confirm , mailed her 2wice since and no reply as usual , nightmare doesn't even cut it , I won't be bullied by anyblawyerv, especially one I didn't hire , livid as I believe Ans was advised this should have settled dec 2014 , never again my 11 year old would have Ben more competant I truly believe I got stung with a very incompetant so called solicitor and I mean to fix it , thx again folks

They have made a. Silly offer but we laughed at it

If it was a builder , plumber etc etc testing me this way ... Get the boat ... but the legal profession manage to out the fear mot god into us and the sickening thing is they KNOW it , I'll b prepared to stall withstand reputable firm rather than have her think I'm her puppet on a string , no rush but I want it off my mind , in partiular an incompetant plain rude lawyer , thx again folks much much appreciated

Sorry Messedaround,
You say you are coming to the end of the process. Solicitors like the rest of us like to get paid. They most certainly do not operate on a charitable basis. Your solicitor will want to get your claim over the line, get paid and move onto the next one.

No prob paying but I feel she will get the heels dug in as I certainly don't want her near the negotiation phases , hasn't a clue ....

I must say based on your posts, which I cannot make head nor tail of, I'd be very slow to move solicitor if I were you.

What offer was made and how much do you want?

Now we're getting somewhere. Insurers have made a 'silly' offer. Why? If insurer feels that they are liable, they will make a realistic offer as they want to be rid of the case too. Is there a liability issue - (a fault issue) or some other major issue that the offer was 'silly'? Otherwise are you seeking what the insurer might consider to be a 'silly' demand?

Don't make such silly Assumptions #ravima , The post is looking for advice not stupid attacking comments by a keyboard warrior , thanks to everyone else , have a court date so I'm staying with current solicitor , not happy about it but I've accepted it

Don't make such silly Assumptions #ravima , The post is looking for advice not stupid attacking comments by a keyboard warrior , thanks to everyone else , have a court date so I'm staying with current solicitor , not happy about it but I've accepted it

???????????? whats the problem? You have a claim that is ongoing for 5 yrs+. It would appear to me, from the little info you have posted, that the case is not an assessment, that is there is a dispute on liability. At least you now have a court date, so good luck. Your solicitor and barrister will handle the negotiations, if there are to be negotiations, not you. If the case runs its course, then you will get the chance to give your evidence in open court.

It's taken so long because i wasn't aware for the first year or so I had a case , as it was a hit and run , also it had to go through many channels first , I've never been through anything like this before , so head no idea of the amount of cr@p involved , my point was how unhappy I was with the solicitor I have , and would it be wise to change , as I said I am hugely dissatisfied for a number of very valid reasons , I'd still love to get someone else as it's coming to a close finally and I have zero trust in their ability as I said for many many valid and worrying reasons , but I feel trapped with them , I was really looking to see if anyone had ever done similar and if it worked out ok ,

Back