Personal Credit report from Hungary?

paddyd

Im applying for a mortgage with AIB and they've asked for a credit report from Hungary, where I have some banking history over the past decade.
Who can I use to get that? Will Experian etc? Thanks

I have to do similar with Netherlands, where I used to live. I sent a mail to Experian in The Hague today, waiting to hear back.

Called the bank back today for some guidance and they said that Experian will do it for all EU countries plus many more besides. Also a crowd called equifax

Experian in The Netherlands did mine within a day, they don't post outside NL so got it sent to a friend in Amsterdam who forwarded it on. It's in Dutch but I've translated it and sent it over to the bank.

Im applying for a mortgage with AIB and they've asked for a credit report from Hungary, where I have some banking history over the past decade.
Who can I use to get that? Will Experian etc? Thanks
Hi. Paddyd
I'm Hungarian who is middle of process with AIB mortgage now and I'm really struggling with personal credit report from Hungarian bank.
i sent the credit report which is provided from bisz.hu. but AIB said it is not enough to prove my credit because it was free version.
But that was only one i could get from Hungary. Also, the Hungarian bank denied to provide reference letter for this as well. i already checked the Experian and equifax but those site look like not working for Hungarian nationality. I really need your advice if you already experienced this issue.
i'm looking forward to your reply. Thanks

Hi. Paddyd
I'm Hungarian who is middle of process with AIB mortgage now and I'm really struggling with personal credit report from Hungarian bank.
i sent the credit report which is provided from bisz.hu. but AIB said it is not enough to prove my credit because it was free version.
But that was only one i could get from Hungary. Also, the Hungarian bank denied to provide reference letter for this as well. i already checked the Experian and equifax but those site look like not working for Hungarian nationality. I really need your advice if you already experienced this issue.
i'm looking forward to your reply. Thanks
Hi @Totoland ,

I am in a similar situation to you – in my case AIB want a UK credit report but I have never had a UK address (just a UK account).

Did you manage to get this resolved with AIB, and if so how?

Thanks

If you can show AIB - i.e. by sending them copies of emails you've sent & received with the Hungarian credit institution - that you have tried all avenues to get the credit report request resolved & can't, then ask them if you waive this request.

If you already have been approved in principle then you'll have to make what's known as an amended AIP request.

KBC & Bank of Ireland(the broker channel at least) usually won't request overseas credit reports for applicants that are Irish citizens anyway if the country they've spent time in is in the EU. I'm not sure what their approach is for non-Irish citizens but I'm almost certain KBC won't request the overseas credit report.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

[email protected]

In general terms within the EU, if Hungarian banks and agencies aren't playing ball, assert your GDPR rights by submitting a subject access request. In specific terms, I have no idea how that plays out in Hungary in terms of compliance and enforcement...

Back