Permanent TSB Switcher Account

dee94

Hi,
Just Wondering if anybody can answer my question, it may seem ridiculous to some and obvious to others but here goes...

I am considering changing to a switcher account although I have an overdraft with BOI and I seem to be overdrawn all the time! would I need to clear my overdraft to change to a switcher account?
Also I have a personal loan and credit card with BOI would these need to be cleared??

Dee, I made the same switch about 2 yrs ago from BOI to Permanent Tsb and at the time I had a credit card, personal loan and overdraft also. I left my loan and credit card with them. Tsb set up the Direct debits to the loan account and the credit card. However as with any account, I would think that to close your account that you would need to settle it.

Dee,

As far as i am aware you can bring your overdrawn account across to PTSB. I think they offer the same as what you have with your existing bank!

Yes they let you take the OD with you - I switched recently and had to bring my bank statements with me to show my overdraft in use and they matched what I had previously.

Thanks a million for all the help!
Glad to hear i can take the OD with me as i thought i would have to clear that first!

You can, but its nice to start with a clean sheet, I haven't had an overdraft for 4+ years now, they are a dangerous way to live!

Back