People who are angry with the world

thedaras

Has anyone else found this lately,that there are people who are just angry with everything?

Their whole tone is aggressive, their attitude is one of begrudgery,they have a problem with everything that they dont have themselves..etc

I sometimes come across people who will argue about everything,and it must be exhausting for them,to be so angry at the world and its mother..

What happened to picking your arguments?

My (step) father-in-law.

We spent a few days up visiting as Mother in Law has been ill and it seems with every visit he gets more and more disagreeable. For many years I have avoided watching TV with him as I couldn't bear to listen to him moan, complain and criticise but now it has reached a point where I try to avoid any kind of contact or conversation with him because all he does is find fault and bitterness in everything.

We make allowances as he is getting on in years despite having his health, family around him, a home, a car and a decent enough income he seems incapable of finding any good in anyone or anything ( apart from God/The Church).

An unpleasant man who leaves me exhausted, depressed and slightly angry each time I see him.

Complainer,lol..How about changing your user name to "Happiness"..:D

Last edited:
My (step) father-in-law.

We spent a few days up visiting as Mother in Law has been ill and it seems with every visit he gets more and more disagreeable. For many years I have avoided watching TV with him as I couldn't bear to listen to him moan, complain and criticise but now it has reached a point where I try to avoid any kind of contact or conversation with him because all he does is find fault and bitterness in everything.

We make allowances as he is getting on in years despite having his health, family around him, a home, a car and a decent enough income he seems incapable of finding any good in anyone or anything ( apart from God/The Church).

An unpleasant man who leaves me exhausted, depressed and slightly angry each time I see him.

Couldn't have put it better myself,it really is draining..some people just sap the life out of you..

Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to give out about.

Complainer, lol. you're not only angry yer an egoist, who said it was aimed at you ...tho if the shoe fits... (only kiddin);)

Seriously tho, people being angry is ok, sometimes you need to be...but I know what you mean about people who seem just angry and nothing else..apart from annoying,depressing and sad, they're as boring and predictable as can be. I'd hate to be in their heads, with all that intensity going on all the time. Must be hell.

JP1234 - An ex bf's dad was just like that. Interestingly he was mad for the church as well.

A friends dad has become very very moany over the past couple of years, it can be very draining. Its usually some perceived issue with his health. Its worse when its a real issue, because you tell him what to do about it (go to gp, go to physio, put a heat pack on it etc...) and he just wont do it!!! He prefers to moan about it for weeks on end instead. Its terrible, because he is actually a lovely man but he just goes on and on and on about his health.

I have an uncle like that - he has basically been talking about his heart problems for 40 years. He lives in the US. The heart problem started in his 40s and my entire childhood was spent praying for him and his heart problem and that he could die at any minute and it was so difficult for him, travel was very draining, would he EVER see the old sod again????? Fast forward 40 years and he still visits Ireland every 2 or 3 years, in his 80s now and as hale and hearty as ever. He has outlived his wife who spent most of 40 years 'minding' him, and a lot of his friends.

Are youn calling me angry ? I'm very offended I'm going to ring Joe Duffy about you you bXXXXX

A word of warnin tho. Remember Berties line about all those people "cribbin and moanin". Turns out they were bloody right!

horusd, I dont mean people who just moan about one or two issues,thats normal enough.
I mean those who find fault in everything,who drain those around them..
I have an inlaw for example who constantly gives out about everything,he gets red in the face,when talking about all situations in life,the post office,the hairdressers,the banks,the manners of kids,bus drivers,you name it..his face contorts ,he gets very angry..just saying that it is no way to live..to be angry all the time.

And he doesn't seem to think that he ever does anything wrong himself ,for example he will get very angry with someone queuing at the checkout who leaves to go back for a forgotten item,and yet when he does it himself and someone complains about it,he gets angry that people have no patience!
He gives out about the behavior of kids,but when his kids behave the same way he just laughs..thats what I mean about angry with the world..we call him a people hater..

I have an uncle like that - he has basically been talking about his heart problems for 40 years. He lives in the US. The heart problem started in his 40s and my entire childhood was spent praying for him and his heart problem and that he could die at any minute and it was so difficult for him, travel was very draining, would he EVER see the old sod again????? Fast forward 40 years and he still visits Ireland every 2 or 3 years, in his 80s now and as hale and hearty as ever. He has outlived his wife who spent most of 40 years 'minding' him, and a lot of his friends.
That reminds me of this (very) short story by Somerset Maugham: [broken link removed].

those who find fault in everything,who drain those around them..

We have a friend like this. After 7 years of this my husband is now trying to cut him out of our lives. We are pretty much his only friends left and after years of trying to help, him including a difficult "tough love" conversation that my husband had with him, he has just had enough. Life is not that tough for this guy, he is just miserable.

We have a friend like this. After 7 years of this my husband is now trying to cut him out of our lives.
The problem is, when this person is a parent or family member.
We have a family member who if you told him it rained only one day on your holidays out of seven days he would tell everyone about that one bad day that you had and never even mention the other six.

My grandmother commented to a friend of hers one day in the middle of June what beautiful weather they were having. The friend responded bitterly saying that it was no good as the days would be getting shorter very soon.

My grandmother commented to a friend of hers one day in the middle of June what beautiful weather they were having. The friend responded bitterly saying that it was no good as the days would be getting shorter very soon.

Classic:D

Back