Pensions income levy

dewdrop

Should persons with pensions and who have a medical card advise their pension provider to this effect so as to avoid the levy. In my case i was told they would not write to pensioners until all matters clarified. Has the bill been passed into law and also if a medical card holder is charged with the levy will it be easy to get it refunded.

Should persons with pensions and who have a medical card advise their pension provider to this effect so as to avoid the levy. In my case i was told they would not write to pensioners until all matters clarified. Has the bill been passed into law and also if a medical card holder is charged with the levy will it be easy to get it refunded.

Yes, If it was be I would write. They should not be deducting the Income Levy if you have a 'full' medical card, as per Revenue's current documentation.

My understanding is that the flat 1% and 2% are law as they were in the budget, but the 3% and all the exemptions/messing that came in afterwards and were included in the Finance Act, which has not been passed.

If you achieve 52 Insurable weeks with employer/pension provider a refund should automatically be given, at the end of the year. i.e. If you are marked exempt half way through the year. But there is nothing saying they can't refund earler if you to kick up enough fuss. If there is a under payment, it is up to your to pay the Revenue.

Back