Pension/Savings

J

Jdill

I am over 50 working in the public sector for 18 years. My pension is worth approx €9000 per year. I have no other pension or debts. I have an income of €7000 per year from land rental and no plans to sell this at present. I have €150000 in savings in various banks. What are my best options for investing this for retirment, a pension/prsa or some other investment. I would be willing to take moderate risks if worthwhile. Thank you.

You can only have one occupational pension if you have only one occupational invome.

So, on the pensions side, if you would like to boost pension saving - you could check with your pension/hr department what the AVC options for your Pension Scheme are.

You might then compare these with the AVC options if you were to use a PRSA AVC for your AVC instead.

You might also condier making some lump-sum investments with your money that is sitting in a bank account.

Equity, Property, Commodity, Private equity might all be suitable asset classes, to name a few, if you are willing to take on investment risk with a 10 to 15 year investment view in mind...

Back