Pension refund

Lorraine

I've just completed a 21 month fixed term contract in the public sector where I was obliged to pay the pension levy. Perhaps someone can inform me whether I ....
(1) Can apply for a refund of the pension levy?
(2) or if I don't/can't apply for a refund what/when do I benefit from the monies paid into the pension?

some weeks ago I contacted and spoke with the accounts dept. where I worked, they didn't know what the situation was and were to get back to me ... I'm still waiting!

Thank you in advance.

Thank you Berni, I've contacted the accounts dept, again, where I worked and they are to get back to me.

Lorraine,
as Berni states it will depend on the pension scheme. Have your A/cs dept. advised if you are getting a refund of your superannuation contributions or was it a non contributing scheme? If you are receiving a refund of your normal superannuation contributions then I would expect that you would be due a refund of the pension levy. The reason being that you would be due no preserved benefit from the scheme at retirement age.

Evening

Hi there,
no I was not contributing any monies at all towards any pension! as I was employed on a 24 month contract which was then cut short by three months
Thanks for reply.

Back