Pension Ombudsman not answering phone.

Bronco Lane

I am having a problem with my Company Pension Trustees in so far as they have not responded to my correspondence.
I phoned the Pension Ombudsman to initiate a complaint but their phone is not being answered.
A message left on their voicemail was not responded to either.
Is the Pension Ombudsman still operating or have they been axed in cutbacks?

If you ever get to speak to someone they will listen and then ask you to put it all in writing to them. You will be waiting weeks for a response that will be in essence a fob off.

I gather that they are actually snowed under with complaints and have limited resources with which to deal with them.

A solicitor told me that he had to threaten a High Court order to get them to process his client's complaint. I discouraged him from doing so as this would simply put more demand on limited resources.

Brendan

The Office of the Pensions Ombudsman answers all telephone enquiries that are received during the normal working hours of 09.15 to 17.30 excluding the lunchtime period from 13.00 to 14.00. Calls to the Office outside of the normal working hours are diverted to voice message. Sometimes, due to high traffic in incoming calls, telephone calls to the Office during normal working hours are also diverted to voice message. The Office always responds to every voice message that is received as long as there is sufficient information in the message to enable the Office to provide a response. The telephone number is Dublin (01) 647 1650.

We are aware of an issue with a direct line into the Office that potentially could have resulted in callers leaving messages that the Office is unable to access. We are working to address this issue.

It is also possible to contact the Office by email at [email protected]. All emails to this address will receive an initial acknowledgement within a working day of receipt.

The large volume of new cases being received combined with the limited resources available to deal with the workload mean that it can take a considerable amount of time to finalise some of the more complex issues that are presented to the Office.

Due to the complex and sensitive nature of the complaints it is necessary that they are made in writing on the Complaint Form available on the website or directly from the Office.

Back