Pension Fund in Bankruptcy

carraigrua

Can anyone advise me please?
My husband entered bankruptcy in 2017. He cooperated with the AI and exited bankruptcy in 2018. It wasn’t complicated. He was upfront about all debts and assets which included pension funds. He cooperated when asked that access to a pension fund was put into the control of Insolvency Ireland. This all happened 5-6 years ago. He believed that the whole bankruptcy process was over and that he could now get on with the rest of his life. One pension fund that the Insolvency Service knew about was still in my husband’s name after bankruptcy. My husband presumed that this was deliberate and legal on the part of the Insolvency Service and about 18 months ago, he cashed in a small sum from this fund. Yesterday, a registered letter arrived from Insolvency Ireland. In the letter, it was stated that this pension fund should never have been accessed by my husband and that he is to direct the rest of the fund to Insolvency Ireland. Can they do this even though he exited bankruptcy in 2018? The same pension fund was never hidden from Insolvency Ireland. What does my husband do now? Any advice would be appreciated as he is feeling I’ll and stressed about this. Thanks in advance.

Back