Pension entitlement

lyonsa3

Hopefully someone with some knowledge of pensions will be able to help me out.
My mother is turning 65 soon and still doesn't know what pension she is entitled to. Her situation is as follows, worked in uk for 30 years, was at home with kids for 10 years also. Worked last year in Ireland (moved back home). now unemployed. She receives a uk pension of about €60 a week at the moment. She also has saving, she sold her home in the uk 2 years ago and has the funds in a bank account. She plans to use this money to purchase a property for herself in Ireland in the near future.
She has enough stamps to obtain a contributory pension of €225.80, but how do her uk pension and savings come into the equation?

How come she only gets €60 a week from UK, I thought 30 yrs would entitle her to a full UK pension.

Something is not quite adding up here. Is this correct?

• 30 years working in Uk
  • 10 Homemaker
  • ? years working in Ireland
If she is in receipt of (or has been informed by the Pension Office that she is entitled to a 98% Irish Contributory State Pension) and already, since the age of 60 been receiving a UK pension then there doesn't appear to be any problem.
My only question would be why does she only receive 60 from the UK.
The fact that has property or money in the bank is not relevant.

Sorry about the mistake. When I enquired again it turns out that she gets about £120 sterling a week from the uk (or there abouts, whatever the full pension is over there).

I still don't see how your mother can have enough Irish contributions for almost a full Irish contributory pension. Is that based on her spouse's contributions?

Back