Pension contribution with dissolved company

comraid

Hi

I wonder if anyone can suggest where I go with this :-

I worked for a company called Roadmakers in 1990/91 . I made 1 year's contributions to the company pension scheme and left in 1991. As far as I remember this was under the umbrella of the Construction Industry Federation pension scheme. The company was wound up sometime in the mid 90's so I do not have anyone to contact there. I do not have any documentation relating to my contributions or any policy documents.

I contacted the C.I.F. pension dept. last year to see if they had record of my contributions but they drew a blank. I know it will be a small pension sum when I reach retirement age ( thankfully a good few years away ) but I just don't feel like letting it go without making an effort to retrieve it.

Any other avenues I could explore ?

Thanks

If the contributions were invested in the CIF pension scheme, then they should be the ones who are administering your benefits, regardless of the status of the company you then worked for. When you say they drew a blank, what do you mean? Did you get them to search against your name, the company name etc?

The website throws up details of two companies in receivership, Roadmakers Limited and Roadmakers Holdings Limited. Maybe the company registration numbers might help the CIF to search further.

Let us know how you get on.

Back