Pension calculator for married couple

dishwasher

I am looking for a online pension calculator that works for a married couple - both in defined contribution schemes in our 40s. We are looking to calculate a joint life pension for a married couple with two pension pots and two incomes to work out how much AVCs we should pay. Everything I can find just works for individuals not a couple. Can anyone post a link to one?

But remember that when you both retire you have to buy two individual pensions. So if both of you choose to buy Annuities (rather than invest in two ARFs) you could both buy single life annuities (rather that a joint life annuity which would continue until the the last of the two of you dies).
This strategy would maximise the pension amount and at least you both have incomes guaranteed for life.
So I suggest you lip at rage pension calculator on the Pensions Authority website and work out the figures for each of you separately.

Thank you. I was looking for something that allows us to input a target joint retirement income - , works out likely life expectancy assuming one of us lasts longer, then help us figure out how much we need to save based on our current funds.

We have very different sized DC funds (mine approx 480k, husbands about 100k)

I've already looked at pensions authority and similar. Up to now have just worked on the basis that we put in the max we can afford but now thinking my husband should increase his AVCs to try to get his fund closer to mine.

It just seems a bit weird to max out his AVC and for me to reduce mine to boost his pot. Although we have joint bank account, mortgage etc so it is actually a rational approach.

I think psychologically if I could see a projection that was based on a couple combined it I'd be better able to rationalise it.

Have no idea if we will go ARF or annuity as retirement still 20 years away.

Maybe it is time to get professional pensions advice but because I don't think need to buy any products not sure if there are advisers who deal just will dc pensions.

Back