Pension advice on funds

K

kmh1

I wish to make a AVC of about 4k to my company pension scheme. I've been given the option of investing in any or all of the following:
<!--EZCODE LIST START--><ul><li>BIAM All Equity Fund </li><li>BIAM Managed Fund </li><li>BIAM Fixed Interest Fund </li><li>BIAM Cash Fund </li><li>ILIM Indexed Global Equity Fund </li><li>ILIM Consensus Managed Fund </li></ul><!--EZCODE LIST END-->

Where can I get current information on the performance of the above funds.

I'm in my mid 50's and I'm looking to boost my pension as much as possible. Anyone got any recommendations

thanks

Formatting fixed by ClubMan.

Check out the and the ILIM site for more details on the past performance, though as the small print reminds you, past performance is no guarantee blah blah blah. Personally, I'd be more inclined to understand their investment policy and the fees charged than worry too much about past performance.

BIAM have a slightly unusual policy - they position themselves as 'value' investors and they do not follow market trends. They stayed away from the whole .com hype in the late 90's - which meant that by comparison to their peers, they had terrible results in the late 90's and great results in the early naughties (when the bubble burst).

I'm in my mid 50's and I'm looking to boost my pension as much as possible. Anyone got any recommendations

When do you plan to retire? If it is soon (e.g. within the next decade) then a key criterion is to what extent should you invest in equities versus some less risky/volatile options. Nowadays there may also be options to further invest your pension fund after retirement (e.g. in an ARF) so retirement age may not necessarily dictate your pension investment timeframe. What is your overall pension savings situation to date and your overal finacial situation generally?

Back