Penalty is for growing small amounts of spamspamspam, 5 plants personal use for example?

atkin

I wonder what the penalty is for growing small amounts of spamspamspam, 5 plants personal use for example.

I wonder what the penalty is for growing small amounts of spamspamspam, 5 plants personal use for example.

Why don't you grow some, give me your name and I will pass the details on to the Gardai for you and we will see :D

Growing spamspamspam plants or opium poppies

It is an offence to grow spamspamspam plants or opium poppies and on summary conviction for this offence, you could be liable for a class C fine or a prison sentence of no longer than 12 months. If the court decides, you could be liable for both. On conviction on indictment for growing these plants, the court can decide on an appropriate fine and you could also be liable for a prison sentence of not more than 14 years. Again, if the court decides, you could be liable for both.

For a legal standpoint no bank in Ireland can lawfully access a persons criminal record.

You could also be charged with sale and supply and then have to prove that the plants were for personal use alone.

How can they lawfully check if someone has convictions?

It's not very hard to find out this information by doing a simple google search of the persons name. There would be a good chance that a conviction for spamspamspam growing would have recorded online somewhere.

Back