pebble mosaics - sourcing pebbles

from what i can see you will get what you are looking for in a tile shop. they come stuck on a sheet, kind of expensive for a large area, sheet size one foot square special adhesive. what size area are you thinking of

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,
No this would be for external use. If you google "pebble mosaic" this is what you get....

I have the idea - but need the pebbles!!!

Am I right in thinking you just want to source smooth pebbles and NOT smooth pebbled tiles?

Ah! Garden Centres for sure sell these. You'd be looking for smooth beach pebbles.

Where abouts are you based?

Hi Smashbox, am based in Dublin - I had a look in woodies and B+Q and the stones they had were the small sharp ones for a driveway...

not sure of pic one, but 2,3,4, definetly sheet mosaics ,have used them, if you want to create your own effect you cut off differant shapes

try hardware profiders for pea gravel, or large toyshops for gravel suitable for under childs swings, all come totally smooth. the pics are sheet mosaics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Smashbox, am based in Dublin - I had a look in woodies and B+Q and the stones they had were the small sharp ones for a driveway...

Pinky, not a Hardwear store, but a Garden Centre devoted to selling trees, plants, flowers etc.

[broken link removed] site (Irish) has fora where you can discuss arts and crafts supplies- they'd be a good bet to help out.

There's lots on the web too but probably from America so you'd have shipping issues.

B&Q, or at least Liffey Valley one do these in [broken link removed].
Leo

Oldbridge concrete near Drogheda... I think they have a website--They had (last year when we were doing our garden) loads of different types of pebbles/ sizes etc.... good luck! sounds like a lovely idea for a path.

Quite right It is illegal to take pebbles from the foreshore and carry' s a fine when convicted of 10 pounds(sic) so be warned.

Hi

I know its probably abit late for you, but what your looking for is known as beach mix, they are rounded 10-15mil stones, (pebbles).

We ordered a tonne back from the builder provider, and several in the area seemed to supply them.

Back