Peat Briquette prices

Grange Builders Providers in North Dublin and ABS Building Supplies in South Dublin are the cheapest for BnM briquettes in Dublin these days.3 bales for a tenner.

according to the ABS facebook page, they were 3/11.50 back in August too. They must have come down....

Aldi are selling BnM briquettes (not the smaller Estonian briquettes) for 3 euro 99 cents at the moment.
Quite a few people buying them up.

I bought some BnM Briquettes for 3 euro 50 cents per bale with my trade card in B&Q today.
I also got a large thick popular tree trunk dropped off at my house today by a county council friend of mine.We chopped it up in no time at all with 2 chainsaws and a Fiskars felling axe.
Enough firewood out of it for at least the next 3 months.
I will let it season for a year or 2 before using it for firewood though.

I'll take it that it's now lost it's popularity:D

Badum Tish.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJS1zHbJBNw

Lots of them line our nations capital streets and have outgrown their spaces.They are a lovely tree but alot of them are now being replaced with trees that have less impact on the roads,paths and also with regards blocking light to peoples houses along roadsides.
The one we got from my county council friend the other day had a trunk diameter of 60cm and was just on 4 meters in length,so a nice bit of firewood from that one trunk alone.I also have a rather large felled Oak tree to chop up in the new year.:)

Aldi are selling BnM briquettes (not the smaller Estonian briquettes) for 3 euro 99 cents at the moment.
Quite a few people buying them up.

Aldi are still doing them for 3.99. Picked up 3 bales this evening. For those of us who dont live in Donegal and have a lapsed B&Q Trade card!

That time of year again, I need 30 bales for the winter Sundays, Woodies are currently offering 6 for €25 which works out at a reasonable €4.16 each, a lot better than the €5.95 I paid in a local petrol station recently for 1 bale.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/action/searchsite/briquettes

It’s not worth my while travelling, but out of curiosity what are others paying this year for BNM Briquettes ?

Any 3 for €10 offers ?

When people are giving the price of a bale of briquettes it's important to state what brand the briquettes are. The bales differ in size and quality.

I buy in bulk - a pallet at a time - it works out at 2.90 each (128 in a pallet lasts a whole winter for us) - you need somewhere to put them - but it saves picking odd ones up every time you are at a garage (or forgetting too?) Check goldenpages for coal merchants in your area.

Hi Irishlinks,
Just as a matter of interest,is this all you use or do you use timber and coal as well?.Also how long would a bale last?.It seems good value and a lot less hassle as i get coal and timber for my stove,if i could get away with just briquettes,twould be great.

Pat

That time of the year again!
I got 3 bales of BnM Briquettes for €13 yesterday in the Discount Fuels service station on Parnell Rd. This is owned by Applegreen, so I wonder if this offer is on in all Applegreen Sites?
Aldi are about the same this year at €4.40 a bale. I think B&Q are still doing 5 for 20, but I dont usually have space for 5 bales.

Just back from Woodies, BNM briquettes are 5 for $20 slightly down from last year when they were 6 for $25.

However, the bale itself is slightly smaller when placed beside the BNM’s I have left from last year.

I’m guessing that as briquettes are compressed peat that maybe they might have expanded a bit over the past year, though I usually have some left from the previous year and never noticed a difference before.

Both batches have the BNM green strap and the BNM imprint.

Do briquettes expand over time ? or like a lot of other things are they getting slightly smaller each year ?

Just back from Woodies, BNM briquettes are 5 for $20 slightly down from last year when they were 6 for $25.

However, the bale itself is slightly smaller when placed beside the BNM’s I have left from last year.

I’m guessing that as briquettes are compressed peat that maybe they might have expanded a bit over the past year, though I usually have some left from the previous year and never noticed a difference before.

Both batches have the BNM green strap and the BNM imprint.

Do briquettes expand over time ? or like a lot of other things are they getting slightly smaller each year ?

Sounds like bars of chocolate that keep getting smaller!

Back