PCP Uk vs Ireland

Introuble83

I have a few friends in the UK who have cars on PCP. The repayments and deposits they pay are exceptionally cheaper . Deposits are much lower , the actual APR rates are similar but the repayments are much lower . For example a Porsche Cayman can be got for £10k deposit and 36 payments of £420. At euro equivalent at dealers here you be lucky to get a RAV4 for that price . Is VRT the only issue ? Our friends across the pond seem to be getting the cars an awful lot cheaper

The cars themselves are cheaper.

It’s as simple as that.
exactly they are cheaper to buy outright as well (and there is greater competition in the PCP market so they can offer better interest rates and they often offer manufacturer contributions to deposits as well)

But why are the cheaper ? I noticed European prices are also cheaper . Is the VRT the only issue ? Just seems we’re are getting ripped off

Is the VRT the only issue ?
VAT @20% in the UK and @23% in Ireland also makes a difference. Don't forget VAT is levied on top of VRT!

I've never seen the data but people who know about this tell me that dealer margins are just higher in Ireland as well. It's a smaller market with less competition.

But why are the cheaper ? I noticed European prices are also cheaper . Is the VRT the only issue ? Just seems we’re are getting ripped off
its mostly vrt, if you look at electric cars (much lower vrt rates here) you wont see the same big difference in RRP.

Check the mileage allowance in the UK and also the Guaranteed future value figure.

Vrt and vat difference should account for 20%-30%

EV man on youtube does a good vides on this in very simple terms

Leasing is worst, not really a personal option in IRL

Makes some good points 1 being always declare lowest mileage, watch vid to see why.

Back