PCB replacement- Boiler

DGOBS, thanks for your concern. You certainly have a flair for the dramatic :). I couldn't care less about the legalities of fixing my boiler (more silly, unenforceable nanny state nonsense), nor I have any concerns re insurance.

DGOBS, thanks for your concern. You certainly have a flair for the dramatic :). I couldn't care less about the legalities of fixing my boiler (more silly, unenforceable nanny state nonsense), nor I have any concerns re insurance.

Your welcome to your opinion, the perceived risk of working on gas is relative to experience, the more experience you have of things going wrong the more you understand how even the simplest job has a inherent risk, which then leads to a healthy dose of gasman's paranoia. What you see as nanny state nonsense, i see as the only chance to improve safety and stop people who feel they have a understanding of my job from doing harm, Gary.

MichaelM, at least i seem to have a flair for something!
But until you stand there watching a 3year old and her mother being taken from a house in a black bag, the 4 year old boy badly brain damaged over
an ill fitted gas appliance I don't think you are in a position to comment.

We are gas professionals trying to give people sound, impartial and FREE advise to keep them both informed and SAFE

As for unenforceable rules, it is now a prosecutable law with a max fine of €15000 or 3 years imprisonment, and these were put there
for good reason.

I'm not advocating that everyone should tamper with their gas boiler; no more than anyone who knows nothing about cars should replace brake pads or knows nothing about electricity should connect a cooker. Replacing my no-setup pcb, on my old-style boiler, with a exact replacement was straight forward. I appreciate you have genuine concerns; my brother who is also a RGI had no such concerns in my case.
As for unenforceable rules, it is now a prosecutable law with a max fine of €15000 or 3 years imprisonment, and these were put there for good reason.
Indeed, and a fine of €25000 for an utterance of, for the love of God, blasphemy.

Back