PC DVD & video sender

G

geegee

PC DVD & video sender

I have a DVD player on my PC but none otherwise. I was thinking of getting one of those "sender" units to send the DVD through the airwaves to my TV. Would this work? Lidl had a sender system foe about E40 the other week. Would this or another unit connect to my PC? If so, how?

Thanks

gg

Title edited by ClubMan.

Re: PC DVD

Would this work?

If your PC video card has a video output (S-Video, RCA/RGB cinch etc.) then it should work. Not sure how the remote control extender aspect might work though?

Lidl had a sender system foe about E40 the other week.

See .

Sender

The graphics card has three sockets - one for the monitor, a small yellow round one with "comp" printed beside it and a white horizontal one with DVI printed beside it. Would the sender plug into any of these? Out of interest what are they for?

Re: Sender

one for the monitor, a small yellow round one with "comp" printed beside it and a white horizontal one with DVI printed beside it. Would the sender plug into any of these? Out of interest what are they for?

I presume that they are, in order, a VGA output, a composite RGB output and a Digital Video Interface (for connecting newer or higher spec. monitors). The second one might be the most relevant to connecting to a video sender - usually using a single RCA cable and with a separate 3.5mm to 2 X audio RCA cables adaptor used to route sound output from the video card's sound output to the video sender. Most video sender packages include all the cables and adaptors required for this sort of setup. Hope that makes some sort of sense to you!

Sender

Thank you Clubman for your detailed and concise replies. Not wanting to be patronizing but you seem to have in-depth knowledge on many issues which I find intrigueing!

gg

Thanks - I consider that a compliment! I'm just a bit of tech geek I suppose... 8o

This is do-able - i have setup my system to do this and also to distribute satellite tv received by the pc's sat. card. However, its probably just as cheap for you to get a lidl or aldi bargain basement dvd player - i think they both did them recently. Theyre really not that expensive now - i think the cheapest i have seen was around €60.
There may be quality issues with the feed via video sender that you wouldnt get if connected directly.

Just out of interest how do you manage the "remote" remote control management of the PC as a DVD player (if at all)?

Back