PayPal payment

deco87

I bought a tv box from a trader.
The trader asked me to use friends/family
To save fees. PayPal
This guy is a trader selling tv boxes.
8 days ago I paid 150 euro.
No receipt. No invoice. No tracking.
I should not have done what he as a trader advised. That is use family /friends.
This now means I have no comeback / protection from PayPal.
It's certainly bad form for a trader to advise customers to use family friends ..
It's a business and should be used as such.
Ringing the seller is fruitless and quite comical and says it all. Just to say it's a waste of time.
My query is ..have I any comeback?
No reply from sellers. Seems like a well organised scam.
I presume as I can prove by PayPal that they took my 150 euro ...and gave me nothing is it deception? Theft by trick ?
Is it a criminal matter? Advice on how to proceed ..if any point ? Thks.

Definitely file a dispute w PayPal. You send the money to an account as requested by the seller. Seller did not deliver.
You should be able to get your money back / issue resolved quickly enough.

You'll only get your money back from PayPal if the 'trader' has enough in their account to cover it. You should always use credit cards where possible for such purchases.

I'd inform PayPal and give them a screenshot of any message the seller sent you. PayPal don't like this and crack down on it fairly quickly.

Thanks for all the replies.
I believe I was specifically told to use personal to pay for tv box as this immediately dismisses all the PayPal protection. They won't entertain any dispute...yet ....I'm onto them about it ...this crowd are traders..it's a business ...it's not the way to do business...I told PayPal I believe it's done on purpose slow to respond...I feel conned ..seller very strange ..won't take calls ....saying they don't know what I'm talking about..have kept screenshot s ..will keep at it till I get refund ..reckon this is widespread..thks

Back