PayPal - Difficulty Registering - Insisting on bank details

N

Natchessmen

Not sure if this qualifies for an above the line question but here goes.

I have tried to register with PayPal to purchase some stuff on eBay. They have rejected my request on the basis of some credit card issue (bull in my opinion) they are now insistng that I register my back details with them. I'm uneasy about this. I called them (to irish call centre sounds like) and they explained this is new and eventually everyoe will need to be reregistered.

It actually smells a bit like a scam..has anyone come accress this is it ligit?

Re: PayPal

They have rejected my request on the basis of some credit card issue (bull in my opinion)

What do you mean by "some credit card issue"?

they are now insistng that I register my back details with them.

Do you mean that they want you to retry the registration?

I'm uneasy about this. I called them (to irish call centre sounds like) and they explained this is new and eventually everyoe will need to be reregistered.

Naturally you should make sure that any form into which you enter your details is secure, legitimate and authenticated (e.g. via SSL certificate) before entering sensitive personal/financial data.

Hi Clubman

Thanks for the quick reply

whilst registering I got to the point of entering my CC details and at this point it rejects my registration, referring me to another page where I must enter my bank details here they tell me it will take 4/5 working days to process my details and actually have an account. So no its not about retrying the registration its a different route.

As for the secure site I'm sure it is, but how can I be sure its THEIR secure site?

Question remains has anyone else been asked to take this awkward route to registering should I be skeptical

Nat

hilst registering I got to the point of entering my CC details and at this point it rejects my registration

On what basis? What reason do they give?

but how can I be sure its THEIR secure site?

Click on the padlock icon on any secure (SSL) page on the site to view the certificate. Make sure that your browser is updated with the latest certification authority and certificate revocation list informtion where applicable. If your browser does not complain about the certificate when you enter a secure page then it's a good indication that the site is legitimate/bona fide. See for more tips about secure online transactions.

Thanks again

I'll do that

and no they give no reason

Nat

Hi Nat,

Im not trying to scare you but have a look here:
[broken link removed]

ajapale

Back