PAYE & Self-Assessment & de-registering

wanderer

A friend of mine is listed as a company director. He does not receive(nor has he ever received) any income from this.

He has a main job from which he gets paid and pays PAYE etc.

This year he received a self assessment form 11s in the mail and finds that he cannot register tax credits etc on the ROS PAYE site any longer.

Can he de-register himself from self assessment and go back to PAYE only seeing as his only income is from his PAYE employment?

If he owns 15% or more of the company shares than regardless of whether he receives a salary or not from the company of which he is a director, he is classed as self assessed and must submit F11 every year.

Thanks Irish Spirit.

In addition i have contacted Revenue and the response is as follows:

1) If you have a minimum 15% shareholding then you have to file a self-assessment return.

2) If you have less than a 15% shareholding then you may apply to de-register for self-assessment and go back to PAYE.

In order to do this you will have to submit a letter stating that you are NOT a proprietary director and do not own nor have ever owned more than 15% of this or any other company. And that you wish to be removed from self-assessment and placed back on PAYE taxation.

Hope this helps.

I am PAYE employee and in similiar situation. I am a director of 0% share holding and have never received an income.

If I am reading the previous post correctly as I have less than the 15% shareholding then can I apply to de-register for self-assessment and go back to PAYE and still continue to be a director? .

I also want to be able to register tax credits etc on the ROS PAYE

Back