Paye Employee - CGT Tax Filing via ROS

DublinHead54

All,

Trying to clarify a few points of confusion regarding my situation. I am a PAYE employee, however I am also subject to SARP Relief (Link), which has an annual employee filing requirement via ROS. Because of this, it appears my 'manage my tax' ability on Revenue.ie is disabled and I have been marked as self employed or something similar. I have filing requirement for some ETFs, shares and Further Education Tax relief for 2019, I assume I can file these through ROS form 11 or form 12?

I have a few questions regarding timings of payments as it differs from the UK.

1. CGT on Shares
- Do I need to report shares sold if profits made are below the CGT exemption of ~1,200?
- Shares sold in 2019 that are subject to CGT, the CGT amount is paid in 2019 and reported in 2020, or reported and paid in 2020? Where do I make the payment if the former?
2. Exit Tax on ETF / Dividends
- This is reported under foreign income?
- Do I need to report if there is no taxable income?
- Similar to above, if sold in 2019 are payments due in 2019 or 2020 when reported?
- Are there any minimum thresholds? I think I got dividends in 2019 that were ~50 EUR.

If payments were due in 2019 and I didn't pay, what do I do? Do I just pay now or do I need to reach out to revenue first? I might have a Tax Liability on some UCIT ETFs that I bought and sold in 2019, but it is likely to be pretty minimal and I assumed that I just paid when filing in 2020.

Majority of my disposals have occurred in 2020, and I am referencing this thread for the tax calculation https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/etf-returns-irish-taxation.216738/

Any thoughts? Do I pay Exit tax to the same place as CGT? I have checked records and it seems I received ~120 euros in ETF dividends in 2018, so I guess I should have paid about 40 euro in tax.

Back