PAYE Anytime - Delay in Payment

ForegoneReal

Hi there! Hope you can help me.

On the 8th I applied for tax back on medical expenses via PAYE Anytime. Today I logged into my account to see that nothing has been done and when I click on year 2012 it asks me to contact my local office.

Off I go and call them however the operator wasn't exactly sure what happened. He reckons my claim might have been randomly selected to verify that all is in order but couldn't confirm 100%.

Would anyone be able to tell me what's going on here? Should I start lining up all my receipts for the last six years as I'm due an audit or is this a formality where they just look over everything to make sure I input all my p60 details correctly?

My claim is small, primarily for consultant fees and prescription meds.

Thanks for reading..!

It's a "busy time" for them, from what I've read & talked to others... I have a claim in since middle of Feb - still awaiting for anything to be done...

Recently submitted medical expenses claim online and got sorted within a few days - maybe I was lucky.
But I had to contact them by phone because initially i couldn't complete the claim online, because my wife had some sick pay from social welfare which hadn't been updated on the system, but this was done as soon as I called.
Maybe this is the issue.
Incidentally, tax relief on bin charges for 2012 has been discontinued, which I just found out when making the claim, so another 20% increase in charges!

It's a "busy time" for them, from what I've read & talked to others... I have a claim in since middle of Feb - still awaiting for anything to be done...

Is your claim on paper or via PAYE anytime? Basic common sense should confirm it's a busy time - it's the couple of months that you and half the country send in their claims for the year recently ended; after having to wait until February in most cases to get their P60s.

I submitted an online claim for Med expenses about 4 weeks ago, it was sorted, and my refund was credited within the week.

I am waiting 6 weeks now for a Dirt refund that Uslter bank mistakenly paid, I think they lost the details with their recent software problems which causes a lot of form filling to get it back

I had the same experience as ForegoneReal, made out my claim for medical expenses, tried to get back into my details two days later but was referred to local office who didn't know what I was talking about. From comments above will just wait and see what happens. By the way, last year I was one of the few who was asked to send in all my receipts for 2010 for verification. Luckily I hold all receipts for six years as instructed. They found a small discrepancy but stated they would not persue the irregularity. Didn't tell me what the irregularity was - it must have been very small.

Back