Pay period and Weekly Average for Job Seekers Benefit

laila

Don't know where to ask this within the Department of Social Welfare.
Does anyone know the period in which income is assessed - Is the period/the date I worked or the date I got paid? Or if you know where I could ask this question within Department it would help. Thanks.

Am talking about Job Seekers Benefit. To be eligible for the full rate of Job Seekers Benefit from January one will need to have an average earnings of 300 per week in the relevant tax year. I did some work in late December 07 but did not get paid until January 08. If the weekly average earnings is based on the days I worked in December 07 I am over the threshold of 300 per week. If it is based on the date I was paid for this work which happened to be in January O8 then I am under the threshold.

Still not sure what you're talking about. JB is based on number of weeks PRSI paid. From January 2009, you need 39 weeks paid or credited in 2007, of which 13 must be paid weeks.

I believe they are referring to the 'Rates' section here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersBenefit/Pages/jb.aspx
Becoming unemployed shouldn't increase your earnings, so low earners had their payments reduced.

Back