Paul Galvin: what's the agenda?

No offence to anyone, but knowing Paul, the good thing is he actually doesn't give a flying cough cough what anyone thinks of him :)

So knowing him, do you think we are being unfair to him? I thought your first reaction would be to defend him.

I don't know Paul Galvin and I don't want to know him. But, he has eked out an existence from doing virtually nothing. Now, if it wasn't him, it would be somebody else. Remember, he is nearing the end of his football career (and received nothing for it even in his prime). So now he makes a few bob on television or writing a newspaper column albeit about mens clothes and shoes. Best of luck to him.

Remind me of an episode of SATC (ashamed to admit I watched some of it), where Carrie cant get a deposit for an apartment and one of the other wans points out that she spent it on shoes - maybe Paul squandered his dough on shoes and now needs a few shillings, ah bless.

Good luck to Paul Galvin, his career has not long to go and he'll make a bit of money from these media appearances.
As said, maybe a Gok Wan style show, skinny jeans for all

P.S. We could 'test' out this new phenomenon and put Mr. Burgess up as a 'celebrity' financail adviser!

The man is a genius and already a celebrity with the Pat Kenny show

I took my life savings "filled my shoes" with Irish shares in early 2010, looking forward to early retirement :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2q7bBVAo74

We have very sound and well regulated banks in Ireland, hurray

So knowing him, do you think we are being unfair to him? I thought your first reaction would be to defend him.

He needs no defending, well able to look after himself. Are people being unfair on him? Possibly. But that's the beauty of having an opinion, it's yours and you can form it whatever way you want. Of course some take it to the extreme, but those people aren't worth worrying about, mostly because they hide behind pseudonyms on internet forums and dish out disgusting opinions on him and his personal life, even though they don't know anything about the man himself.
I know that recently a club team in Kerry asked some of the Kerry team to come present medals to their underage team and the only one who accepted was Paul. He took the time to tell them how great they had done and to keep up the good work. Then he went to each player and their families individually, just to chat and talk with them.
People have built this perception of him being a dirty so and so, but that's on the pitch. They don't know the first thing about him off of it. It may be difficult for people to understand, but sense can go out the window on a football pitch. I know that myself as it often went out the window for me!
Anyways, look. Paul isn't the worst of them. He knows he's made mistakes, but who hasn't? Not many I bet!

Fair play to him for doing all that as sometimes some players can get a bit big for their boots when they get well known. Must say I liked him on the programme and thought he came across better on that then he did on Late Late previously. Thought he came across very nice when interviewed with his parents and seemed to have great banter with them, the kind of son you would be proud to have. He was also looking after his doggie really well, anyone who treats the mutt well goes up in my estimation! He does enjoy all the publicity and probably could'nt give a hoot whats said about him and he's right. Great player, the Kerry team is not the same without him.

Back