Pat Kenny highest earner!!

Audrey

According to today's Irish Times, Pat Kenny is RTE's highest earner for the sixth successive year!! Dear Gawd, what does that say about all the other RTE personnel! Am I the only person who notices that he's an absolute embarrassment?

I think he's quite good on the radio. I have more of a problem with Charlie "I am th news"Bird getting €184'000.

I think he is awful as well but looking at the list, I didn't think there were many on the list deserving of such salaries. Joe Duffy for God's sake. He is worse than Jerry Springer!

It's not Joe Duffy, it's Jooeee DUFFY!

:D:D sho-ere,sho-ere!

Pat Kenny is one dry piece of bleep, the man simply has no personalilty. He's so stilted in his interviews...everytime someone answers him he just says "right, and" launches into the next question on his list...he rarely reacts to anything he hears. Suspect he is really a piece of wood dressed in a suit. An overpaid piece of wood at that!

afaik these salaries are based on what the BBC etc pay. but the BBC etc have a potential audience of many millions. and millions of licence holders.

According to today's Irish Times, Pat Kenny is RTE's highest earner for the sixth successive year!! Dear Gawd, what does that say about all the other RTE personnel! Am I the only person who notices that he's an absolute embarrassment?

I believe the presenters job on the late late is comming up soon, who do you think should get it? (dont mean to sound smart just asking the question)

I believe the presenters job on the late late is comming up soon, who do you think should get it? (dont mean to sound smart just asking the question)

Podge & Rodge !!!!

Dear God don't let Tubridy get it anyway....or Gee-Ryan !!

There isn't an awful lot of choice, is there? Many presenters seem to be set on getting their own personal opinions and prejudices across rather than presenting or interviewing and seeing what unfolds.

I always thought Gay Byrne was guilty of this. Never liked him, thought him harsh and sanctimonious.

Pat Kenny at least doesnt seem to project himself into everything the interviewee says or does. Though I agree he seems a little wooden at times and sticks to the safe preprepared script.

Can't stand that guy Mark Cagney on TV3 in the mornings- he is one of those people who likes to affect a knowingness about everything. He's been there, done it all, knows it all.

I personally really liked Miriam O'Callaghans show, but then I just like her. Although it did have a bit of the script feel about it.

I used to hate Turbridy but he's growing on me. Help!

I always thought Pat (or "Pat the clap" as I once heard him referred to as, funny one!) was dreadful on TV but quite effective on radio. He is intelligent, analytical and handles his topics well on air; TV is another matter. I never liked Tubridy until I actually met him last year; he is genuinely personable and does interact with people in what appears to be a more genuine fashion, at least that was my impression. I think his own show has sufferred particularly of late as a result of vying with TLLS for guests. A-list guests are few and far between and it seems crazy that a small state broadcaster would pitch two shows so closely....

Well deserved I would say very good at his job, the English would love to have him, as for G Ryan also derserved nearly 300000 people listen every day, also Joe Duffy has big numbers so how can anybody has an issue with it, we are lucky to have so many talented presenters, Joe does more for the people than the TD,s

I think the biggest shocker in that list is Tommie 'what about the children Roy' Gorman - RTE's highest earning 'journalist' :eek: Someone is taking the wee-wee.

Whatever you think of Kenny/Finucane/Ryan :rolleyes: /Tubridy/Duffy, at least their programmes have high ratings so, presumably, bring in plenty in advertising - how can Gorman's salary possibly be justified?

I'm a current affairs junkie but the man has never taught me anything I didn't know already from the BBC/C4 News/Newspapers about the EU or Northern Ireland, NOTHING!

I try very, very hard not to lose interest in events in NI, even if (before this week) the Groundhog Day nature of it all had my attention drifting, but Gorman's reporting is dire! No insight, everything second-hand, it's all me, me, me and I, I, I - and I'm none the wiser or more informed at the end of it!

RTE's highest earning 'journalist'??? Do they think CNN or Fox are going to try and poach him?!? What's the justification for this salary, which I friggin' contribute to?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh :mad:

I always thought Pat (or "Pat the clap" as I once heard him referred to as, funny one!) was dreadful on TV but quite effective on radio.

Completely agree, sometimes I wonder if the Pat Kenny on the radio is actually the same chap as the man on the TV - generally very good on the former (except when he starts talking sport), embarrassing on the latter!

I think the biggest shocker in that list is Tommie 'what about the children Roy' Gorman - RTE's highest earning 'journalist' :eek: Someone is taking the wee-wee.
Yep, that one caught my eye too - Compo for having to put up with decades for whinging from Ian/Gerry/Martin etc?

They should slash all the pay in RTE by 50 % and save the rest of us a fortune. Give the money saved towards saving somebodys life instead somewhere if you want. Pat Kenny earns more, in this small little country with its protected monopoly TV station, than the prime ministers of virtually all countries in the world.

Back