Passport Office

Stronge

My passport is out of date next March, I am thinking of getting it renewed now. Does anyone know how long they are taking at the moment? Hopefully some cheap flight does not come up just when I have sent it away!
Many thanks.

I would be interested in an update on this. If I drop it in to the Molesworth Street office for renewal how long is it taking to process. If I send it by An Post Passport Express is there a delay like last year?

just got daughters renewed last feb, passport express, no delays, in fact came two before Id expected it.

I've been checking my boyfriend's passport application on line since 1 April - it just keeps telling me that it's registered. I tried calling the passport office this morning and eventually after 2 hours of trying I got through but they wouldn't give me any update as it wasn't my application - I have to get him to ring himself !!!!! All I wanted to know is what's happening with it - need it for this coming weekend so am beginning to panic !!!! Does anyone know how long it actually takes when you send it via An Post?

Sent it in on 31 March and they registered it on 1st April. I just wanted them to give me an idea of what stage its at as the website hasn't changed from "registered" since 1st April.

From today (11 Apr 2011) the Dept of Foreign Affairs says:-
  1. Passport fees are being re-introduced for citizens aged 65 and over.
  2. The fee for applications submitted in Ireland, other than through the ‘Passport Express’ Service (including for Northern Ireland), will increase by €15.

2. The fee for applications submitted in Ireland, other than through the ‘Passport Express’ Service (including for Northern Ireland), will increase by €15.

The last act of FF...was signed in on their last day in office.

They should never have been free to this already overindulged group.

I dropped my passport in by hand to Molesworth Street (drop box) about three weeks ago and I have just received it in the post this morning. No An Post Passport Express fee paid.

Back