Passport Office strike

Posted my applications on 3rd March via An Post Express system and got passports this morning so would appear to be about 3wk wait.

Which would again confirm the Departments timeframe of 15-20 days and also confirm my post earlier on another thread

Ok just submitted my application via passport express. Will keep you all updated on progress.

So any suggestions on the best route for someone making a fresh application now? Is the Passport Express worth the extra fee? What is the likely turnaround time for a postal application? Or a counter applications?

Ryanair could have helped out and dropped the requirement of a Passport but they refused yet O'Leary never stops criticising everybody else. I know it wouldnt fix everything but it would have helped some people traveling on Ryanair to the U.K.

ryanair are not the problem makers on this one.
they can rightly say why should we help out a bunch in
the passport office who are holding country to ransom.
its makes me so mad.they expect to get paid for work there not doing??
a passport is a right to all citizens.
they are also playing into govt hands by deflecting attention off
them and angering the public.
F

Is the Passport Express worth the extra fee?

Personally, I think so, yes. Relative peace of mind for me anyway.

€88.50 as opposed to €65 - not that much extra really. Even in ordinary circumstances I would have have used PE as I have done on previous occasions.

We received our passports today. Passport Express application sent on the 1st March but with the added complication of the person in Section 7 not being contactable by passport office. That probably delayed things by 4-5 days. The people that I spoke to when I dialled the helpline number were not very helpful and in some cases downright rude. However, the lady that I dealt with in the Balbriggan office regarding the resubmission of section 7 was great and very helpful.

Personally, I think so, yes. Relative peace of mind for me anyway.

€88.50 as opposed to €65 - not that much extra really. Even in ordinary circumstances I would have have used PE as I have done on previous occasions.

Where are you getting that price from? Passport Express fee is €8.50 for one or €14.50 for up to 4 family applications.

Sorry, don't know where I got that figure from.

But it only reinforces the point even more - €8.50 is well worth it for the service IMO - especially these days, even if it is later than normal.

I am in the process of filling out forms for passports for my kids .Can somebody tell me for definate what needs to be signed on the back of photographes .I went to the garda station and the garda put his signature and form number on the back of one photo of each child but put nothing on the back of the other photo. Is this correct , I thought that the form number had to be put on the back of the second Photo also .
Tried to call passport office but guess what , nobody answered the phone.

Back