Passport in 1st & family name; Ryanair tkt in 1st 2nd & family name

Setanta12

My name is (for the purposes of this exercise) Elvis Elijah Kelly but my passport is in the name of Elvis Kelly.

A relative booked my flight in my full name Elvia Elijah Kelly .. .. ..

I hear differing opinions:- big problems and no problem (they only look for first name and family name when verifying boarding-pass).

Has this happened to anyone?

I have it the other way around as in passport is Elvis Elijah Kelly but only ever book flights as Elvis Kelly and never had a problem with any airline.

The passport form clearly asks you for your 'name on birth certificate'and leaves space for up to four forenames.
You've never met someone who changed their name, maybe by marriage?... We're also assuming here OP has an Irish passport.

They don't have to match, but you have to provide documentary evidence of the name that you use - e.g. revenue tax certificate.

But none of this answers the OPs question.

Alternative names,often used by people who go by different names to their birth cert (Irish vs English version as an example) can have an observation recorded in their passport to that both alternates of their name will be acceptable.

I imagine most people have the same issue but in reverse, having their second name on their passport but when booking in only using their first name and surname.

It won't be an issue.

A solution, why don't you phone them? I had to phone them last week to make an amendment that couldn't be done online. On hold for 2/3 minutes, the girl sorted it immediately. I was in shock :eek:

Back