Partial Redemption

Urn

I have a residual mortgage debt of 60k and back in September 2016 received a letter stating they were putting in place a partial redemption of €170,530.42.

Can anyone explain what this means please?

Can you give a bit more information?

Did you owe €230,530.42 and pay off €170,530.42 - that would be a partial redemption as distinct from a full redemption.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan. No. I owed 57,837.77 which i am liable for though am indemnified against by ex husband. Mortgage is in my name but property is his and HE requested permission from the bank to sell it in negative equity.

The letter is titled Confirmation of Capital Payment - Payment Reduction.
It says there was a partial redemption of €170,530.42 made to the the account. Reduced monthly payment to 335.90 from €433. It was dated 29 September. Yet I got another offer letter they wanted me to sign dated 30 September for 433 a month.

I am struggling to make head nor tail of it - I'm swimming in a sea of errors by the bank

They also calculated my affordability based on an average income from that YTD - surely this is totally incorrect? They had my monthly payslips but didn't use these. The YTD figure was significantly higher due to change in job, one off bonus payment and accrued annual holidays and not representative of monthly income.

Are there any really good no win no fee solicitors that you would suggest?

Sorry that money owing is a residual negative equity debt and I have paid nothing off it

Are there any really good no win no fee solicitors that you would suggest?

I would be surprised if there is such a thing. Generally speaking, good solicitors charge fees.

You should go to New Beginnings or the Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation or MABS.

Brendan

Thanks. I went to IMHO last summer and they weren't able to get a result out of the bank

No, just that everything was affordable which it absolutely is not. That letter only came in after the PIP had got his response. I have complaint with FSO and while I thought they were good at first I have little faith in them now and information they provided me with through mediation was not in fact what the bank were saying or else bank misinformed FSO. i don't know. Proceeding to adjudication but given majority of complaints are not upheld I don't have any trust in the fairness of the process.

I have only recently discovered how they reached the affordability solution and that they didn't actually use monthly payslips. Brendan, is that not completely wrong?

Back