Part-time work

pillowtalk

I am currently receiving Job seekers allowance (Dole) and have been offered a part-time position (14 hours per week). They are flexible about the what days I do. I was wondering if I was to work to full days would I still receive benefit for the rest of the week?
If anybody has advice would really appreciate it.

Cheers

I am currently receiving Job seekers allowance (Dole) and have been offered a part-time position (14 hours per week). They are flexible about the what days I do. I was wondering if I was to work to full days would I still receive benefit for the rest of the week?
If anybody has advice would really appreciate it.

Cheers

"Jobseeker's Allowance is payable in respect of any week of unemployment. Any 3 days of unemployment within a period of 6 consecutive days is treated as a week of unemployment.

A person must, therefore, be unemployed for at least 3 days in a period of 6 consecutive days in order to receive JA

Any two such weeks not separated by more than 52 weeks are treated as part of the same claim."

For much more from where the above came from see:-

http://www.welfare.ie/foi/ja_jobseekall.html

If you work part of a day, even a few hours, this will be taken as a day of emloyment and counted as such. Therefore, the best way to maximise JA payments is to do as many hours in a day as possible (i.e 2 X 7 hours will allow you to claim 4 days JA). Note that the benefit week is reckoned as a six-day week, with Sundays not counted as a day. This means that if one of the 2 days was a Sunday you can claim 5 days JA payment. Example:

You work 7 hours on Sat and Sun, you claim JA for Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri.

Back