part time work and dole?

W

witchymand

I have been offered to work for just 5 hours on one day only per week.
I am on Unemployment assistance, would I have to report this to the dole?
Also I have heard of Part-time job incentive scheme, are you better off going on this, or just telling the dole the hours I work and let them deduct or whatever they do?
I have tried contacting the social welfare twice now but to no avail.

> I am on Unemployment assistance, would I have to report this to the dole?

Yes

A Change In Circumstances?

You must tell your Social Welfare Local Office of any change in circumstances which might affect your unemployment payment and in particular if:

* you change address
* you do any work (paid or unpaid), regardless of its duration
* you are unable to work for any reason
* there is any change in your or your spouse/partner's income or financial circumstances. (This might affect your unemployment payment)
* you are accepted on a FÁS training course, Community Employment Scheme or any other Government sponsored training/work programme
* you claim or are getting any other benefit or payment
* you start an educational course
* you intend to leave the country (including holidays)
* you intend to take up voluntary work
* there's any change in your family circumstances

www.welfare.ie/publications/sw65.html

> Also I have heard of Part-time job incentive scheme, are you better off going on this, or just telling the dole the hours I work and let them deduct or whatever they do?

This should tell you:

www.welfare.ie/publications/sw69.html

what used to be

it used to be that if you worked on a Sunday, it wouldn't effect your dole, because Sunday was considered a non-working day. Dunno if that\s still in effect though.

I work on Sundays. Do people who work on Sundays have to pay income tax for that work?

I don't think that Sunday is significant from the point of view of payment of UB/UA or liability for income tax and believe that from a Revenue/Welfare point of view it is potentially a normal working day.

Back