Part Time Student - Entitlements

A

apkenna

Hi,

I am currently a part time student - studying through distance learning for a course at a UK University. I am also earning a full wage.

My question is this. If my employer gives me a christmas bonus on top of my wage, is that bonus taxable even though I am a student?? If it is taxable - is it to the full amount?

Are there any available tax credits or similar to part time students? many thanks

Hi,

I am currently a part time student - studying through distance learning for a course at a UK University. I am also earning a full wage.

My question is this. If my employer gives me a christmas bonus on top of my wage, is that bonus taxable even though I am a student?? If it is taxable - is it to the full amount?

Are there any available tax credits or similar to part time students? many thanks

Hi,

It doesn't really make a difference if your a student or not. The christmas bonus would be taxable. In relation to the course you are doing perhaps you could get relief on the fees you are paying provided it is on the Revenue approved list of 3rd level institutes. Check their website www.revenue.ie You get get relief at 20% on whatever amount you paid in the tax year.

Jockey

Back