Parkwest Pointe apartments - just off the M50/Naas Road, near the Red Cow Roundabout

C

Cooper

Hi there!

Has anyone heard aything good, bad or indifferent about Parkwest Pointe apartments? I'm looking at buying a three bedroom apartment here, I've seen them and they seem to be too good to be true...Is there something I'm missing?!

Please help!!!:confused: :rolleyes:

Re: Parkwest

Aj-Parkwest is just off the M50/Naas Road, around the Red Cow Roundabout. There is a big industrial estate, and there are now apartments.

Parkwest is still a bit of a wastland IMHO, lots of apartments, few facilities, very 'industrial' area.

Train station due in a few years time (they are moving Cherry Orchard?), but not great transport links at the moment, unless there is a shuttle service to the LUAS.

We looked at Park West Pointe when deciding where to buy and weren't overly impressed.

I know a bit about Park West also as I used to live down the road in Inchicore for a while. It is really a big industrial\business park with some appartments added in. The traffic through the park itself is pretty bad at peak times and I wouldnt really like the idea of walking around an empty business park at night. I wouldnt really recommend Park West as a place to live.

Is it a dodgy area? Apartments look really good....well finished etc..

Well its kinda stuck in between Clondalkin, Inchicore and Ballyfermot. The thing is its not really a village, its more of a business\industrial park with some appartments added in. So I would say it's certainly not a VERY nice area, its just void of any village feel, and it could be bit dodgy at times due to some parts of the areas around Park West. Have a drive around there over a couple of nights to get the feel for it, I'd say its very desolate.

I work in Parkwest, and I would not recommend it.
As earlier posters have stated there's a real industrial feel.
There are no facilities, and just feels really bleak.
I would imagine it's cheap though.

Traffic in and out of the park is an abolute nightmare and worth bearing in mind.

Re: Parkwest - just off the M50/Naas Road, around the Red Cow Roundabout.

Does this area have anything to reccomend it?
aj

Good area think u will do well there

ajapale said:
Does this area have anything to reccomend it?
aj

For the sake of balance;

• If you work in Parkwest Industrial Estate, you can walk to work
  • Close to the M50-Dundrum Town Centre to the South, Liffey Valley to the North
  • Jackie Skelly gym onsite
  • Spar onsite
  • New train station due in the future. Also, the Kildare line is due to be upgraded to 4 lines under Transport 21.
  • New development-no decay as yet (although considering eveyone is 'new' their may be no great sense of community

I live and work in Parkwest and I'm finding it great, alot of building work will be ongoing for the next few years, but when all finished will be a great little village feeling and next to the train station will be a great investment. Of course it's a bit slap bang in the middle of an industrial park but across at the Plaza there is a spar, bennigans pub, gym, O'brien's and a chinese restaurant. Hotel is being built in the area also and more retail units are being incorporated into the apartments build.

If you need to know any others details just let me know.

Hi, I used to work in Park West (about 2 years ago) and my enduring memory of the place was (drum roll...) TRAFFIC! Not sure what it is like now, but the whole area was always very busy in the morning, at lunchtime, and in the evening rush hour - wild horses would not drag me out there again

hey guys

I just saw this development and judging by your comments its a mixed blessing

few questions

how is public transport into town, work in city centre, no car, woudl that be a difficulty ?

Woudl be lookin to rent out a spare room, would it be difficult ? if so what kind of rental could you expect to recieve

mucho thanks in advance

Hi Odon,

There is a suttle bus that goes from Parkwest to Luas At Red Cow and back in the evenings, also 79 bus goes into city centre from Ballyfermot and Parkwest Management have also set up buses that go in and out of city - you have to buy a weekly ticket though!
Rental in the area is going from 1,200 for 2 bed and 900/1000 for one bed so if you have 2 bed you could envisage getting €450/€500 month for rent.

Cat said:
Hi Odon,

There is a suttle bus that goes from Parkwest to Luas At Red Cow and back in the evenings, also 79 bus goes into city centre from Ballyfermot and Parkwest Management have also set up buses that go in and out of city - you have to buy a weekly ticket though!
Rental in the area is going from 1,200 for 2 bed and 900/1000 for one bed so if you have 2 bed you could envisage getting €450/€500 month for rent.

cheers, how far is parkwest to the transport services !!!

Hi Odon,

Have you seen the bus lanes on the main road ? You will notice that they are not open. That is because the bus service is terrible to close to nonexistent, even taking into account the bus service you have been told of above. Although i avoid the area like the plague at peak times, I have to say I have never seen a Dublin Bus there.

I suppose you could walk to the nearest luas stop - very long walk though - 20mins plus.

I used to be in the jackie skelly gym. The area is, at best, desolate. Maybe it'll improve once more people start to move in.
Sorry. Just being realistic.

Would not even dream about living there - bit business park/industrial estate with apartments in the middle.
I worked there briefly & it was the bleakest place I have ever been................
I can't imagine there would be any sense of community.....

dont do it!

I have to agree with the other posters above.
I work in this business park and it is so bleak.
The traffic is really bad and the public transport is irregular and poor.
Yes there is a private bus company AMC, but they only run during commuter hours and the buses are totally packed, sometimes you cannot even get on and have to wait for another bus.

quote[Well its kinda stuck in between Clondalkin, Inchicore and Ballyfermot.]

Park West isn't beside Inchicore... unless someone is streching the boundary lines a bit!

M50 to the west of it. Cherry Orchid/Gallonstown to the North/east. Clondalkin to the south. Wheatfield Prison closeby.

I wouldn't live there. It takes more than a spar, pub and restaurant to make a village atmosphere. People are only fooling themselves if they think it's going to turn into a nice village. It's apartments blonked into a business park/industrial estate.

I think investors in the likes of these apartments have greatest chance of struggling to get a decent return.

Back