Parkview D9

Breaker

Hi,

has anybody seen this development? [broken link removed]
Prices seem to be lower than average. I found it hard to locate on the website where this development is (perhaps the developers are trying to hide this). In fact i was under the impression it was in Northwood for a minute. But it seems it is Ballymun/Finglas. What does anyone think of this development? what is the area like?

thanks

From the Gunne.com website:

Parkview is a superb new development by the premier builders Lyndonbarry Developments comprising of apartments, duplexes and townhouses in a superb parkland setting next to Poppintree Park which is to under go very positive rejuvenation.
Parkview is situated just off Jamestown Road near Ballymun only 8km from the city centre and is convenient to a host of amenities including numerous shopping centres, schools, shopping, M50, the airport and the proposed metro line. The first phase of apartments and duplexes will launch from the plans on June 15 from the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Northwood, Dublin 9. It represents a fantastic opportunity for both investors and first time buyers.

There is a thread on this development under property investment please see link below
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=30415
Saying the location not the best, described as North Ballymun/Finglas
I would agree with these comments, If considering buying, I would strongly recommend u visit the location of proposed development during the day and at night and walk around to get feel for the area.
I don't know how they are calling it D9 ...chancers

Hi There,
I actually live very near this proposed development - it's definatly D.11, but where this development is being built is an established and very nice area.
However there are new estates also going up city side, and there have been problems in the past regarding drugs and stuff.

However I have lived in the locality for a while and it is nice where the development is - if you are buying be aware of where the appartment is situated, if it is near jamestown road, thats fine, it's a good area, near shops and buses - however the poppintree end I would be wary of.

Having been in the park (the land is currently a park), there can be problems with little boy racers and their flying scooters!!!

Think there is a reason they are cheaper....it is the location...I was suprised by the price until I saw the location.

yeah they are feckin chancers this is getting my goat up Dublin 9!!!!!!!??
the developer should be done for false advertising

Maybe we have a new dublin postcode on our hands people Dublin 9W
all those in favour say aye....

Oops sorry, I hit enter too quick there.

Finglas is Dublin 11 and Ballymun has always been Dublin 9 - what post code Parkview is depends on whether it's at the Finglas end of the road or the Ballymun end.

D9 is a desirable postcode from many aspects, however Ballymun has always been included. Those wishing to scorn the inclusion of Ballymun should remember that Ballymun itself was a highly desirable area before it was the victim of some ill-conceived town planning - something the owners of the redbricks on Ballymun Road and surrounding areas are well aware of. Alexander Strain's son-in-law, Linzell, designed a beautiful house on Ballymun Road which you will see on your left coming from the airport just after Albert College.

By they way the D9/D11 debate is also replicated on Old Finglas Road in Glasnevin. This is where old Glasnevin is demarcated at Cremore (D9 stopping there) and the fashionable Addison Park is D11. I don't think Addison Park has suffered due to its postcode, so why don't people just overcome their prejudices and stop getting hung up on a postcode demarcation that existed long before Parkview??

Someone has already complained to the advertising standards about that - it was in the paper yesterday I think. It also said that anything to the left of Ballymun road on the way out of town was D11 & the other side D9.

BTW (almost as if I'm contradicting myself here) I believe D11 starts west of Ballymun Road after Santry Avenue (hence Poppintree is D11) and right of Ballymun Road is D9 (which makes Northwood D9). If Parkview is in Poppintree, then yes it's D11

As a potential first time investor I am looking at this development and I would welcome your thoughts. I am getting mixed responses from people on whether now is a good time to buy. I am looking to purchase a house with a view to a long term investment / 5 yrs +.

Darren

These are timber framed build also. All well and good for a detached house.
A stud wall sheet of ply on each side, insulation in between and a sheet of plaster board each side. Floors aill aslo be timber.
You will here your neighbours cornflakes being poured!

People have issues with neighbour noise in block and concrete construction, timber would be a nightmare!

The speed and cheapness of timber frame relative to block or insitu conc has a bearing alos on the low prices.

Back