Parks in Meath

abbey

Frequent Poster
Hi,

Planning to move from Dublin to Meath in the next year or so. Currently we live beside a lovely park and it is a resource that we use regularly.
From googling it's hard to find out which towns in Meath have decent parks. you would think that every town should have a decent park but in Ireland these kind of facilities are an after-thought.
I know Navan has a new enough park, any ideas about other towns in Meath i.e. Trim /dunshaughlin?
Thanks.

110quests

Frequent Poster
Trim has acres of park stretching from the Castle and alongside The Boyne with many Medieval ruins on route. Won't be surpassed in any other town. Take a trip to Trim and go walking starting at the Castle. Take a tour of the town also as it is looking beautiful just now.

abbey

Frequent Poster
Thanks for the reply.

What about Dunboyne / Rathoath or Dunshaughlin? Anyone?

telco

Frequent Poster
In Ratoath there are green spaces ( rather than parks ) at Steeplechase with a playground attached to it , there is also a wooded walkway along river path , A BMX "park" also near village . The Hill of Tara & Balrath Wood is 10 min drive away , The Phoenix Park is 20 min drive away & of course Tayto Park , 10 min drive to Curragha ( pay in , family membership for 5 is €175 PA, not including rides but entry and access to playgrounds, picnic areas , animals etc). In Dunshaughlin & Dunboyne again large green areas with playground not aware of any parks in the actual villages ( depending on your definition of a park of course !) HTH

abbey

Frequent Poster
Thanks for the update, very informative. It's kind of depressing that every town and village does not have a decent park for residents.

Joe90

Frequent Poster
The Ramparts in Navan's a nice walk along the Boyne and Dalgan Park on the old Dublin road R147 is lovely too....

abbey

Frequent Poster
Thanks, I'm familiar with Navan, it also now has a small park...progress I suppose.