Parklands, Northwood, Santry

just come back from a walk around parklands.
hard to be exact in the night light but i don,t get the impression that any block is ready to move into - at least interms of access roads and car parking. everything still looks rough and ready. maybe the apartments are snag-ready on the inside but maybe that,s just the builder getting it done now, as activity is naturally slowing down on the site, and not having to wait later . i went around to the west side of the site i.e. block 4 facing the tesco factory.

Thank you Badger,

the AGM on Temple Court was last night and cleared up a few things as well.

Dee

Yeah i took a trip up to parklands tonight. I have bought in block 3, I've been told it will be 6-8 weeks before they are completed :)

I couldn't make it to the Temple Court AGM on Tuesday - can anyone give a brief update? Thanks

Rob K said:
Yeah i took a trip up to parklands tonight. I have bought in block 3, I've been told it will be 6-8 weeks before they are completed :)

Ah, I dunno about that Rob. I'm snagging this evening in Block 3 and would be suprised if it would take 6 - 8 weeks, but then you never know.

moonbeam said:
Hi,

Hows did the snagging go Jamie?Everything up to scratch?

Yeah, it was grand. No major problems, just cosmetic stuff really. Paint on the window frames, scratched windows, paint a bit thin around the sockets, etc... I'll have a full list tomorrow and anyone who'd like a look send me a PM.

Word of warning to those snagging - be careful! All of my kitchen cupboard doors fell off within a couple of weeks of moving in. They used short screws instead of long ones - who knows why! Give everything a proper test.

Anyone else here anything about snagging dates yet?
Was up at the Homebase store at the w/e pretty impressive , but no sign of any other tenants moving in yet
See that they have started up grade work/QBC on Santry Ave. ..about time, according to DCC wedsite this section is due to be completed in Oct 06

How did the snagging go for the rest of block 3? Have you been given any indication when the sale will be complete etc?

Took a trip up to the new homebase at the weekend. I had one thought, surely the road can not be classed as a private road any more , if there is traffic from the shopping centre going thru it?

Im in block 3 should be snagging soon. Got a sneaky look at my apt though :)
Getting excited now!!

I'm in Block 5 - this will be snagging end July to mid-August, according to Angela at P Elliotts - letters due out soon. The six blocks currently being completed are expected to be occupied by Christmas. Bit sooner than Hooke & MacDonald said eh?!

Hi Dr Pepper

Do you have a phone number for Angela if so could you maybe PM it to me, I have bought in B6 and would be interested to know when snagging is taking place for that Block

Thanks
B

jdwex said:
Hi all
I got a reply from Roisin Shorthall re bus service.
and a further update too..

Just a note to say that I am continuing to pursue Dublin Bus on the number 4 issue. I wrote to a senior manager a few weeks ago but his reply was along the same lines as previously. I later spoke to one of the men in charge and the turning problem seems to be a genuine problem. They are in detailed discussions with the developers in Santry Demesne about the provision of a turning point and appear to be pursuing this vigorously. Really, this all should have been sorted out at planning stage.

Back