Parking Tag SMS Charge

wheels

I logged onto the Parking Tag system for the first time since I signed up over a year ago and was surprised to see that everytime I topped up, I paid for parking I was being charged an additional 20cent for a reminder to be sent to me to tell me my parking was up.

From what I gather this isn't optional, and given that I usually under estimate how long my meetings will be I always end up topping up by twice or three times a go, meaning an extra 40 to 60 cent every time I use the service.

Does anyone know if there IS an opt out? I can't find any details on the site.

I think if you park by phone instead of by SMS, you can opt-out of the reminder SMS and associated 20c fee.

There is no opt out for this. It goes to show the mentality in places like Dublin city council that the licence company's that practice such antics.
There is no justification for this cost.
Just put the phone number in your phone and set your own reminders on your phone, thats what I do. The call only takes a few seconds, however some days you simply cant get through or number doesn't work. Dont bother to contact Dublin city council about this as they dont seem to care less.

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. I see why they are doing it, but I agree it feels underhanded that they don't have an opt out.

Back