Parking Near Airport

Happy Girl

Heading to Spain on Saturday next and just visited Aer Rianta webpage to investigate price of parking in long term car park. Will cost 127.50 for fortnight. Seems v steep me thinks. Any other alternatives to this?????

Some hotels offer parking and a shuttle service at a reduced rate.

Quickpark is marginally cheaper but availability is poor.

Don't know what part of the country you live in but public transport would be cheaper but not as convenient.

Or possibly ask somebody to drop you off and pick you up; that's what I usually do and when they want to go to the airport, I return the favour.

Isn't there parking quite near at a considerably lower cost?

Sorry don't know name of place but I think it's signposted as you approach the airport from the Dublin side. From memory it's towards the entrance at the back of the airport i.e. as if you are going to Asbourne. If this still exists, you can get a shuttle bus from there to the main terminal.

I'm pretty sure you are referring to Quickpark, which can't be relied on to have space, but is worth checking if you are on your way to the Aer Rianta car park

Heading to Spain on Saturday next and just visited Aer Rianta webpage to investigate price of parking in long term car park. Will cost 127.50 for fortnight. Seems v steep me thinks. Any other alternatives to this?????

Depends where you're travelling from but sounds like public transport is a better bet if you're anywhere in the greater dublin area

Bewleys hotel at the airport are doing the cheapest rate that i know of, which is 7 euro a day. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. Driver helps with the bags and the service seems good. The pick up point in the airport is more convient than the quick park. Its on the island between the main doors and the carpark. I think quickpark is 7.50 and aer rianta 8.50 per day

€127 for 2 weeks what a rip off!!!!, what sort of money are they pulling in off this racket, you should probably bus it love, i used to always bring the car but i dont think i'll be doing that in future

It depends on your schedule. Ideally, public transport but if you have a dead early flight then that will not work and if you use Aircoach you still have to park somewhere near that. I was travelling the Bank Holiday weekend and the only sensible thing ( given that I was coming back in at 11 pm on the Tuesday) was the long term Aer Rianta Blue Car park at 8.50 per day.

So:
1. Car Park Dublin Airport
2. Car Park local hotel
3. Aircoach - but where to leave the car
4. Public Transport -ditto

mf

I agree with the previous posters.
Dublin airport is €8.50.
Quickpark €7 but I couldn't get parking there the last 2times I tried.

I would tend to go Citylink if I'm going to be away for more than a w/end.
Galway/Dublin airport return €26. Takes a bit longer than driving but well worth it. Problem is it mightn't fit in with your flight times. Might work out cheper to do an overnight in an airport hotel if this fits in better with flight times/bus timetable, which I've done on occasion too !

Carlton, Clarion, Bewleys, Crowne Plaza & Great Southern (now Radisson so not sure ) all do shuttles to/from the airport

Park in the Montrose Hotel on the N11 for free and get an Aircoach to the airport from the other side of the flyover.

Attendant in the QuickPark told me before that if you go in there around 9 or 10 am you havent a hope of getting a spot. It get's packed around 6 am, but clears out again around 1pm. So depends on your flight times, but if you do drive all the way there and can't get a spot, you are pretty much snookered, as you will have no option, with your flight time looming, but to park in one of the more expensive carparks. If you could, I'd recommend leaving the car at a friends and even if they can't drive you out and collect you, the taxi fees, as bad as they are, would probably, (depending on the length of your trip) work out cheaper.

Park in the Montrose Hotel on the N11 for free and get an Aircoach to the airport from the other side of the flyover.

Does the hotel mind if there is a car that doesn't move in their car park for 2 weeks? I would be surprised if this is the case........

I have done it a couple of times with no problems. It's such a busy car park that if you park to the fornt of the hotel I don't think it would be noticed as lots of people park and ride there. UCD across the road would be a different matter. Two weeks parking there would get you clamped, but then again car would be secured and the elease fee would probably be less than two weeks parking at the airport....

But you are taking a chance-you could be clamped and the relase fee could increase daily-if it's a chance people want to take, fair enough.

Why not leave your car in one of the many very nice housing estates around drumcondra and jump on a bus up. It's a liittle risky I suppose, but there is plenty of space in places near Berties house, where I always leave the car, and then nip over the road and grab the bus.

Airside retail park near Swords has a large carpark, I don't know if they'd clamp you for leaving the car there though. Does anyone know about this? In any case, it'd have to be within dublin bus operating hours to get to the airport (~10mins journey time). I was planning on checking it out properly the next time I'm flying.

Back