Parking in Dunnes Stores Beacon Branch.

Up Rovers

Just wondering if anyone knows what the rules are about parking in Dunnes Stores, Beacon Branch? They used to have two hours free parking and just wonder if this still applies?

Thanks.

Very handy if you have an appointment in the Beacon hospital. Its much cheaper and easier to get a spot.

Very handy if you have an appointment in the Beacon hospital. Its much cheaper and easier to get a spot.
Lots of patients are told to park there. I see people hardly able to walk going up the escalator and across the square all the time. Paying the parking fees to be right by the door would be much better for these people.

Lots of patients are told to park there. I see people hardly able to walk going up the escalator and across the square all the time. Paying the parking fees to be right by the door would be much better for these people.
This may be true for a lot of people, but its handy to know about if the walk is OK. I was going to the Beacon for daily appointments for 6 weeks a few years ago and it was a nightmare getting a parking spot in the hospital car park.

Might be worth checking to be sure if Dunnes have any conditions around parking. Some car parks have small print that require you to be using services at that location. For example, if you're using Luas Park and Ride car parks, you're supposed to have a Luas ticket.

I'd be honestly surprised if Dunnes or the site operators at the Beacon were too happy about providing cheap parking for their neighbours.

Might be worth checking to be sure if Dunnes have any conditions around parking. Some car parks have small print that require you to be using services at that location. For example, if you're using Luas Park and Ride car parks, you're supposed to have a Luas ticket.

I'd be honestly surprised if Dunnes or the site operators at the Beacon were too happy about providing cheap parking for their neighbours.
It's not exclusively for Dunnes. There have been people in my office who park there and go in and out of the car park every 2 hours so they don't have to pay. Others tailgate behind another car when leaving to get through before the barrier goes through and they have to put in their ticket.

the car park has huge underground parking and is never full.

It's not exclusively for Dunnes. There have been people in my office who park there and go in and out of the car park every 2 hours so they don't have to pay. Others tailgate behind another car when leaving to get through before the barrier goes through and they have to put in their ticket.

the car park has huge underground parking and is never full.
Doesn't mean that they won't get caught eventually. I saw a lad in Stillorgan Shopping Centre about two weeks ago, noting down car regs on his phone, to make sure they're not overstaying.

Stillorgan is free parking for customers. Sandyford is paid parking after 2 hours. they don't go after people who are parked there all day.

Stillorgan is free parking for customers. Sandyford is paid parking after 2 hours. they don't go after people who are parked there all day.
Stillorgan have introduced a time limit recently, two hours or maybe three hours, and they're not shy about enforcing it.

The question is whether Beacon have any requirement for you to be in the Beacon while parked there. It wouldn't be too difficult for a security officer to be watching for people parking and walking out.

Back