Parking in a residential estate

Back to the original posting: this is in a residential estate 1.5 hours from Dublin; oodles of space and none of the above issues. Anyhow the poor woman arrived at my door this morning in tears - the neighbour whose house she happened to park opposite was over banging on her door at 8am this morning, she moved her car to go shopping a while later and also get one tyre checked - a leaking valve left her with an almost flat, she was pale and obviously stressed, and in the meantime didn't the man then park his car outside on the road using two spaces as he parked midway between two entrances - just to block her totally from using it. I cannot understand the mentality in this area, I'm not from here, but crikey - people are so mean.

in the meantime didn't the man then park his car outside on the road using two spaces as he parked midway between two entrances - just to block her totally from using it.
Look this guy is an idiot. A bit like the guy who was banging on a neighbours door because he cut his grass at the weekend. This lady is obviously stressed. Does she need to park outside this fools's house. The guy doesn't even realise that HE is now parking outside a neighbours house.
If it were me I would have a bit of fun and wind the guy up. Not the right thing to do I know. He must spend a lot of time looking out from behind his curtains.

Lone Star - I see you are involved with the Residents Association. Would the Association consider discussing safety of parking in the Estate as a general issue and this woman's reports to you as a specific example ? Having done so, they might make a report to the Gardai about the general issue and circulate a note to all residents that they have done so. I doubt the Gardai will do much, but the note of a notification to them from the Association might have some inhibitory impact on the angry couple.

Bronco: I think she is too strung out to wind him up, she was shaking at my door earlier.
Early Riser - I just joined this summer, so am a fairly new member, she just knows I'm a member as we were chatting about it recently - I'll put it to them - the thing is I think she is just parking there for a matter of days or a week at most until she is sure her CCTV camera is capturing these events (technician coming to her on Saturday) - she's had her tyres knifed twice and did get a camera put in - but she can't locate the images yet herself. There's a garda sgt a few doors up from the angry man's house - no one else has an issue, least of all the house she actually parked outside. I felt so sorry for her today.

She strikes me that she might be a bit of a "Clingon". Leaning on you too much. Be careful.
Do we know why her car was targeted or was she one of many?

Possibly her ex-husband they think. She's a lovely person in fairness, I told her to call into me anytime, she was just flummoxed. I'm certainly on her side now and won't entertain the other man at this stage whatever his protestations.

Out for a walk this morning - I was shocked - the man has now parked a county council truck opposite his house where the lady was parking her car for a few days - it's possible he brings the truck home occasionally as do other council workers here, one parks a van almost opposite and just up from my drive and it's not a problem.

the man has now parked a county council truck opposite his house where the lady was parking her car for a few days
That suggests that the space directly outside his house is free, maybe she should park there and see what happens. :)

Back