Parking fine. Had paid with Parking Tag app, but on wrong car

jconlon

I got a €40 parking fine in Blackrock but had actually paid for the parking through the Parking Tag app.

Problem is that I was in my wife's car and the app defaults to the last car you use (i.e. my normal car). So I had paid for parking, but accidentally paid against the wrong car.

I ran up the road after the warden to explain what happened. He said there shouldn't be a problem but that I'd have to write in and appeal the fine as he can't reverse fines. The appeal letter has come back saying that the fine stands and that I would have had to confirm the car at the final step payment on the app. What with a 7 week old baby in tow that day, and tiredness I missed that confirmation pop up message.

Any idea what I can do here. I did pay for parking albeit by accident against the wrong car on my account.

Out of principle I feel like I should dig in here and not pay this fine. I wasn't evading parking costs.

The app defaults to the last car you use if you have multiple cars on account. Arguably the app interface design should ask first what car you are using first if there are multiple cars in account.

Any thoughts on this please? Very annoyed there's no leniency here when I've given proof that payment was made from my account for the exact road the fine was issued on, albeit just the wrong car.

Personally, I would let it go as I don't believe you've a leg to stand on.

What's to stop people parking both of their cars in the same zone and then advancing your argument? I'm not suggesting that you did this by the way.

Something similar happened me (except the outcome wasn't €40......I got clamped.....can't remember the nasty cost of getting unchained!). So irritating. Wrote a long letter.........got a Dear John standard letter response......like wall to talking the!

A mate tried to tell me a joke about this. I think he was trying to help me see it in perspective. At the time, the joke didn't work - now I see the funny side, confirming the old Woody Allen line about comedy = tragedy + time.

Appeal this again, this time if not the last outline that you had a baby in hand, if you can prove your mistake is an honest one you should be fine, that said Blackrock is as I understand it something of a black spot for parking with very active patrols

Last edited:
Back