ParelMotel lost my item and will only pay 100Euro

I think those of you who have suffered a loss could do worse than go public on the radio shows, or newspapers about this problem for valuable goods via the Parcel Motel center in NI, a bit of negative publicity often helps get company's to shoulder their ethical responsibility etc. I'm sure the likes of RTE's Joe would love to have a chat online about these experiences and maybe encourage someone from Parcel Motel to come on and defend the situation ;)

Surely that sort of public grandstanding will ultimately necessitate PM to up their insurance levels on all items and means that everyone will pay more for coverage that they generally don't need?
If I want to claim on my car insurance for a risk that I haven't covered, do I lament on national airwaves to embarrass my insurer into paying me? If I want full comprehensive with no excess, I should state that at the outset and pay more accordingly. Likewise if I have valuable goods in transit, I should cover myself before the worst case scenario happens.

I'm sure the likes of RTE's Joe would love to have a chat online about these experiences and maybe encourage someone from Parcel Motel to come on and defend the situation
While this is a minor issue by national standards it still may not be inane enough for Live Line.

Back