Parcel Motel - where to make a complaint about them?

I have a relatively modest credit balance with PM; I've suggested to UPS that they offer the option to donate outstanding balances to charity, along with a matching donation from UPS (on the basis that it's hassle for me to provide refund details, and costly for UPS to process individual refunds).

Obviously they do need to facilitate actual refunds, where that's the customer's preference.

I have a relatively modest credit balance with PM; I've suggested to UPS that they offer the option to donate outstanding balances to charity, along with a matching donation from UPS (on the basis that it's hassle for me to provide refund details, and costly for UPS to process individual refunds).

Obviously they do need to facilitate actual refunds, where that's the customer's preference.
Good idea... I have €23 with them and obviously I would prefer they DON'T keep it.

Good idea... I have €23 with them and obviously I would prefer they DON'T keep it.
I’m not concerned about the balance either. It’s minuscule. Happy for this to be donated but I’m concerned about a parcel I sent that has been stuck in a locker I put it in on the 8th Jan (before their announcement)

I’ve had no update on the system and neither has the recipient (also parcel motel) and no response from customer services.

Ups customer services won’t even deal with it as they claim it’s nothing to do with them despite owning the compsny

There appear to be loads of people with similar parcel issues stuck in lockers either as senders or receivers and the deadline dates provide by PM don’t appear to mean anything. It’s as if all staff have completely stopped. No pickups, no deliveries, no customer service no claims process. Limbo land

Refund instructions received today:
Good day! Thank you for your email and I do apologize for the late response.

Please provide the following items of information in order for us to progress your request;

- Amount of refund request
- Preferred refund method
- PMid
-
We can refund you with either PayPal or by card. Please see below for further instructions;

• If you would prefer PayPal, please provide us with your email linked to the PayPal account.
• Please register your card on your Parcel Motel account if you prefer a refund by card. if your card hasn’t been used at all, or hasn’t been used in over 6 months, we will have to charge the card €3.25. This will be refunded the following day along with your balance.

Your refund will then be processed as soon as possible.
and their website now says
For customers with an outstanding balance on their Parcel Motel account, or pending credit or refund, please reach out to [email protected] no later than 23 March 2023. Please include your PMID, and whether you want your money to be paid out via PayPal or bank card.

I suspect the delay was due to the card refund procedure. They don't want to solicit card details via email, and can't do standalone refunds, so need a transaction in the last 6 months to refund on, hence the extra transaction of €3.50 in some cases.

I'm unable to successfully add a current card to my online profile on their website. Multiple cards are failing, so I suspect the problem is on their end. I've instead requested a payment via PayPal (but actually to a charity as a small PayPal balance is no use to me). We'll see what happens.

Got same email (twice) but still no reply to parcel I sent on 8th Jan still stuck in their locker I placed it in.

I’ve sent 15 emails about it. Don’t care about the balance (a whopping 7.35 euro) but understand others have significantly more.

Their customer service along with ups appears to be on full automated mode.

It’s rivaling eir in its ineptitude (if that’s possible)

Refund instructions received today:

and their website now says

I suspect the delay was due to the card refund procedure. They don't want to solicit card details via email, and can't do standalone refunds, so need a transaction in the last 6 months to refund on, hence the extra transaction of €3.50 in some cases.

I'm unable to successfully add a current card to my online profile on their website. Multiple cards are failing, so I suspect the problem is on their end. I've instead requested a payment via PayPal (but actually to a charity as a small PayPal balance is no use to me). We'll see what happens.
I have strong doubts about the extra charge argument. Over the years I've had multiple refunds done to unrelated cards.

Only time will tell if they do get around to processing the refunds though.

I have strong doubts about the extra charge argument. Over the years I've had multiple refunds done to unrelated cards.
I assume it's to do with their (or their PSP's) web admin interface; it's not unusual for them to need a recent transaction transaction their customer service agents can select to refund on. I agree that standalone refunds are possible in principle.

My card saw the 3.25 charge to ParcelMotel yesterday. No sign of the refund showing.

Refund just received via PayPal. Annoyingly they did not cover the PayPal fee and left that on the recipient. I would have taken a direct card refund, but could not get any card to register.

Last edited:
Still no refund for me. A measly 7.50 plus 4.50 on a refund for a parcel never delivered presumed lost/stolen. 3 weeks since I’ve given them my payment detail (which I’ve done 4 times)

As a side note I’m still waiting on a claim from UPS for the above parcel gone missing since 8th Jan

They are a joke

Still no refund for me. A measly 7.50 plus 4.50 on a refund for a parcel never delivered presumed lost/stolen. 3 weeks since I’ve given them my payment detail (which I’ve done 4 times)

As a side note I’m still waiting on a claim from UPS for the above parcel gone missing since 8th Jan

They are a joke

The magic roundabout continues. Last Friday UPS told me I would be refunded on 7th March. No surprise that didn’t happen

Today their customer service told me claim has been settled and that they will pay claim to parcel motel and I need to contact them.

Same company!!! Problem is parcel motel won’t answer phone or respond to emails.

I did however get a text message today from parcel motel with a new tracking number for original parcel thanking me for choosing parcel motel

I wonder are they genuinely that inept, do they genuinely not give a hoot? It appears the only option now is small claims court but for a 60-70 euro claim I’m wondering if there’s any point

Back